GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Injector cleaner on offer at Costco... tempted to try it but don't want to put it in the GTR if there is the chance it could damage the car. Anybody got any views and have you used it in your GTR specifically?

H

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
With today's petrol like Shell ,, there no need to use this,
This is not required with today's quality petrol,

Goldie

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Injector cleaner on offer at Costco... tempted to try it but don't want to put it in the GTR if there is the chance it could damage the car. Anybody got any views and have you used it in your GTR specifically?

H
God no. Why would you anyway?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't help myself when shopping in Costco, end up buying loads of stuff I don't need. Won't pick up any of this then.

Thanks,
H

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Isnt redex supposed to clean the injectors, more so than just relying on fuel cleaning additives in petrol? wouldnt the redex be concentrated cleaning of the injectors, rather than just relying on the weaker fuel additives?

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Redex is for rusty old bangers.....not gtr's!
So it wouldnt help remove carbon buildup on the injectors?? better than just using fuel itself.... just a thought..

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Speak to Andy mate ... :thumbsup:
yeah I will do, I am just curious.... whether it would do damage, do nothing, or actually help remove carbon deposits, keeping the injectors at max flow.. as it claims......

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
yeah I will do, I am just curious.... whether it would do damage, do nothing, or actually help remove carbon deposits, keeping the injectors at max flow.. as it claims......
Thank god you put up a picture........we'd all have struggled otherwise :chuckle:

If your injectors need cleaning, then take them out and swap them. Anyone who puts this in their fuel needs a slap. I cant believe people actually buy this shit, mind you, after some of the things that I read on here, I can believe it.

Biggest scam going.

Talking of scams Stu ;)..................

·
Registered
470 Posts
As above all this stuff is total trash
Same as all the nitro fuel additives ect, just a gimmick to make people waste there beer money lol
and a placebo in making you think your car will be faster and better for adding it

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Yeah Fifth Gear or Top Gear or one of the others did a test of this stuff and octane boosters etc. Basically Octane booster only worked on a performance car (I think it was a Scooby) and as for putting any Red X or alike type of additive in the tank forget it if you use a good quality fuel!

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
What i find quite good to use is a chemical called zylene , great at cleaning through fuel systems and meany other things plus in a petrol car will increase the octane level as its natuaral state is roughly 120 octane and in diesels it increases the cetane level making it easyer to ignite the diesel . Yes its a thinner type chemical but is is used in fuels even in shell v power if you check the safty data sheets . Has been used in motorsport too but large amounts ( many litres ) will cause alot more heat but just for treating fuel systems just 250ml - 500ml per full tank wont be a problem .

·
Registered
228 Posts
What i find quite good to use is a chemical called zylene , great at cleaning through fuel systems and meany other things plus in a petrol car will increase the octane level as its natuaral state is roughly 120 octane and in diesels it increases the cetane level making it easyer to ignite the diesel . Yes its a thinner type chemical but is is used in fuels even in shell v power if you check the safty data sheets . Has been used in motorsport too but large amounts ( many litres ) will cause alot more heat but just for treating fuel systems just 250ml - 500ml per full tank wont be a problem .
xylene

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
anyone gonna do a redex experiment then? lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts