GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
I believe thats rentons skyline is it not?....previously in gulf colours until he changed it after the gumball

re read the title of the post :chairshot

·
Registered
930 Posts
no no, i think what the guy means is he knows that the GTR is rentons...but he has seen a mitsubushi eclipse/colt/mirage thing that is copying the car!
He is asking who had the graphics first! :)

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
to be honest i bet the mirage was first....

i just think it is i dont know it anyways i just asume lol.

it does look nice but i would prefer a clean one all the time...althought that bodykit looks awesome on rentons R33

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
If you look a little closer, the graphics are the very similar on the front wheel arch, but not exactly the same and the rear is completly different.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Pharoahe said:
I know i saw this car on this forum but i am not sure on the name of the owner.

I saw this Honda on Hot Import Nights in Orlando. The car has the same graphics on the car. Wich car is the copycat?

Unless there has been a one in a gazillion coincidence, there is no way he did those graphics before us! The Dep Art Editor, Alan 'Gangsta' Wardle and I developed the Skyline graphics over a period of several weeks and I know for a fact that we started with a 100% blank canvas - just a side on photograph of the car in the bodyshop. Each individual graphic on the car was lifted from the magazine's page furniture. Here are some examples: The flowers are used in the top boarders on the girl features. The dashes round the arches can be found in the top corners of all the car feature pages. The splat marks and graffiti squiggles can be found on virtually every page. He's not gone as far as copying the speakers, skyscrapers or crown though...

We were so proud of our innovative work that my 'Renton' signature can be seen on the driver's side rear bumper and 'Gangsta' is on the passenger side. :)

Fair play to the Mitsi Mirage owner. He’s taken what I believe to be one of the best and most original set of graphics ever, and put his own spin on it. That’s the whole point of us building the car: show what Redline is about and give some inspiration to others…

For those who might want to see the Skyline in the flesh it will be at the GTi Tuning International show in France this weekend, Round 4 of GT Battle on 20th Aug, Trax on 3rd Sep and Jap Show Finale on 8th Oct.
The 'maybe' list includes USC, Donny South and JapFest 2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts