GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting new conrods soon to up my boost pressure because I am looking at putting Twin 2835R's in my RB26. But I am a little confused as to what road I should take. I have heard many things about titanium conrods. One, that they are extremely stiff and strong, but on the other hand, they are brittle and explode when they do give out. Should I go with Cryo treated steel rods or what?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
A decent set of billet conrods (non cryo treated) from one of the major manufacturers will take everything that those 2835Rs can give (as long as the tuning is right). Also, you'll save enough money to throw in a good set of forged pistons and the associated hardware as well.

Just out of curiousity, what is the motivation for the titanium conrods? BTW, if you do a search for titanium conrods on the board, you should find a discussion about this topic.

Cya O!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am interested in purchasing your conrods but i live in Japan so it may be a little difficult. Let me think about it and see if I can come up with the money in time. How much are you asking for them?

Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would really like to buy them from you, but I dont think there is any way I can come up with that amount of money soon enough. Thanks though.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts