GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this relay? I think it has something to do with the seat belt warning lamp, if I unplug mine the lamp stops flashing, but plugged in it flashes constantly.

i believe it was fitted to various nissans around the 90s.

Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my UK-Spec - on a bracket at the fixing point of the rear strut brace. On a 300ZX, I have this pic:

I can't find any more diagrams which show its location on other Nissans.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Hi

I am sure we have this part give me a call.

Regards Mgt

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've ordered one from a general parts breakers, 12 quid - it's out of an S14, but I'm hoping the insides will be the same...

If not, I will get back to you!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I received the 200SX unit today - plugged it in and the lamp is still flashing, absolutely no change whatsoever.

I can't find any information about this part number anywhere, does anyone know what it is even for? UNIT ASSY-CONT could mean anything, other descriptions found so far include CONTROLLER ASSY-SPEED and SPEED CONTROL UNIT. Could it be something used in the cruise control of various Nissans, maybe a crash sensor to switch cruise control off in the event of an impact? Maybe on the UK-Spec it turns off the gearbox and differential pumps, it's wiring is going into the extra fuse and relay board for the pumps on the UK-Spec cars.

Do any other UK-Spec owners have this on their car? It's located on the right fixing point for the rear strut brace.

I'll leave it uplugged for the moment, to stop the flashing - but it would be good to know what effect leaving it unplugged has on other systems in the vehicle.

·
Administrator
31,760 Posts
R32 combat would know I'm sure. Maybe something to do with seatbelt Pre-tensioners?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I'd go with Mook. I need more time to investigate further but I have a 3 year old to entertain.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I have one of those too! And a one year old!

Regarding the pretensioners, there are no SRS warning lamps on and the seat belts seem to have some sort of solenoid inside them that clicks. I've changed the belts and ABS ECU with no changes - the light is still flashing.

Also, don't all R34 GT-Rs have the pretensioner system? I think it's only UK Spec cars that have the extra relays, fuses and the little controller pictured, right?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've spoken to one other UK-Spec owner, and they have the unit in exactly the same place. I'm going to assume that all UK-Spec cars have this.

However, his seatbelt warning lamp has no bulb, so it's just off anyway.

I've found this information too:

I will see if Nissan can reset the system with their CONSULT tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts