GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there. as I just bought a r33 GT-R V-spec, and like most of you, think the car deserves a bit more umph than what comes standard :) I would like your help?!

The engine that sits in it has only been modified for a "stage1" kit, or almost :-(. it has uprated downpipes, HKS full-drager ex, open filters, and that would pretty much be it i'm araid... I would like to up the horse in it. but keep it as an everyday car, that just goes like **** of a shovel...

what would you gearheds in here say should be my next move? And keep in mind I live in Denmark, and tha car alone set me back 32.000£ so you could say i'm on a budget... for now at least..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shanef said:
power fc, blitz ebc id3, gt2530's, bosch 044 pump, 600cc injectors get it tuned and go have some real fun :D
what do you recon she will put through the ground with tha sort of upgrades???

and more importantly, will it be reliable enough???

and just for the fun of it... any idears on price??? and will it be cheaper to get that parts from Japan???

yeah I know, a LOT of Q.. but when you mess with a girl like this, you do it right:bowdown1:

·
Registered
303 Posts
jarri said:
what do you recon she will put through the ground with tha sort of upgrades???

and more importantly, will it be reliable enough???

and just for the fun of it... any idears on price??? and will it be cheaper to get that parts from Japan???

yeah I know, a LOT of Q.. but when you mess with a girl like this, you do it right:bowdown1:
id only be having a guess on the power, but on 1.5bar boost u should see something over 320rwkw's. it will be jsut as reliable as it is standard. those turbos are a very good upgrade the the 2.6ltr and boost response is similar to stock

price. if u were to put aside AUD$6000 u would have it done no problems.

www.nengun.com , www.teiwa.co.jp & www.greenline.jp are your friend ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
320 KW's that would be around 464 BHP, if I remember my divisons correctly? huh? right now she puts out 330 BHP at all 4 hubs... so if it could up that to 450'ish. and stable, I would be delighted:clap:

but, but, but..... 1,5 bar's of boost... don't you recon that's gonna rip it apart? with standard heads and all???

·
Registered
303 Posts
with the right tune, ud be supprised how much boost rb's can actually take.

these exact turbos (albeit it in HKS trim) tomei 264 deg 9.25mm lift cams, cam gears, fuel set-up, injectors, forged pistons, prepped standard rods, standard rb26 bore size and 33psi boost made 454awkw on a drag gtr here in australia...different turbos (HKS GT-RS) and re-tune on the exact same engine, only gave a ~5kw increase, but gave a MASSIVE lag to the power curve.

just a few things to think about

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shanef said:
with the right tune, ud be supprised how much boost rb's can actually take.

these exact turbos (albeit it in HKS trim) tomei 264 deg 9.25mm lift cams, cam gears, fuel set-up, injectors, forged pistons, prepped standard rods, standard rb26 bore size and 33psi boost made 454awkw on a drag gtr here in australia...different turbos (HKS GT-RS) and re-tune on the exact same engine, only gave a ~5kw increase, but gave a MASSIVE lag to the power curve.

just a few things to think about
I allways knew that the RB was a masterpiece, and that sort of performance on that tiny amount of upgrades. well that's just mindbending. do oyu know of any place in northern europe (besides the UK) where I could get this done. and done right??

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'll jump in a bit since when I purchased my car it had the same basic upgrades as you (downpipe, open intake, exhaust and ecu). My main difference is I have a R34 N1 motor.

She laid down 306whp @ 11lbs of boost

Recently upgraded to HKS 2530's with ATTKD turbo extensions and a larger intercooler (definately not needed)

She laid down 411whp @ 14lbs of boost with no additional tuning.

Next round of upgrades will consist of seperated turbo hard pipes (twin entry intercooler), HKS 264's, Nismo 555's, Apex fuel pump, uprated fuel pressure regulator and AEM EMS.

If you raise the boost and tune the car on my second dyno she could have laid down high 400's low 500's.

John

John

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jas3113 said:
I'll jump in a bit since when I purchased my car it had the same basic upgrades as you (downpipe, open intake, exhaust and ecu). My main difference is I have a R34 N1 motor.

She laid down 306whp @ 11lbs of boost

Recently upgraded to HKS 2530's with ATTKD turbo extensions and a larger intercooler (definately not needed)

She laid down 411whp @ 14lbs of boost with no additional tuning.

Next round of upgrades will consist of seperated turbo hard pipes (twin entry intercooler), HKS 264's, Nismo 555's, Apex fuel pump, uprated fuel pressure regulator and AEM EMS.

If you raise the boost and tune the car on my second dyno she could have laid down high 400's low 500's.

John

John
could I ask you a favor then john??

mail me a list of what you would recommend me to do? for "the full" upgrade as you mention at the end?

would kill for a parts list and If you know of a place that you would recommend doing it??
I basicly know how to fit it, but I don't own a dyno or a workshop at the moment...

and one final thing... your "liner" is it an original LM?? if it is.. GRATZ and a lot of "god I wish I had one of those" :bowdown1:

·
Registered
229 Posts
jarri said:
could I ask you a favor then john??

mail me a list of what you would recommend me to do? for "the full" upgrade as you mention at the end?

would kill for a parts list and If you know of a place that you would recommend doing it??
I basicly know how to fit it, but I don't own a dyno or a workshop at the moment...

and one final thing... your "liner" is it an original LM?? if it is.. GRATZ and a lot of "god I wish I had one of those" :bowdown1:
Honestly, I am still learning on the RB's and don't think I have enough knowlegde to tell you for sure. The reason I dynoed the car was to see if there was any improvement during each upgrade. I figured it'll help GTR owners whose looking to go about the same route.

I basicly tried search and went with proven upgrades (beside from the intercooler). My car is a daily driver and so I wanted to stay streetable.

Based on what I found online, (Anyone correct me if I'm wrong) the motors are only reliable up to mid 500's. The weak point's are the rod bolt's, oil pump and waterpump (if not a N1).

This is what I have now engine wise:
R34 N1 motor- under 4000 miles (crated engine)
R34 injectors
HKS GT2530's
Non-Ported stock exhaust manifolds
ATTKD turbo extension
Nismo Downpipe
ARC 100mm exhaust
Steam uprated R33 ECU
Greddy Spec R HG 5 row intercooler
Mine's cast intake's
ARC catch can
HKS SSQ not recirculated
Nismo twin disc clutch

Finishing it would be the engine package for now will be:
HKS 264 Step 1 intake and exhaust cams
Apex-i drop in fuel pump
Nismo 555 injectors
SX Fuel Pressure Regulator
Blitz DD BOV's to replace the HKS's
XS Engineering Power pack
Apexi Racing plugs 8 heat range
AEM EMS with MAP conversion
Apexi cone filters
Blitz SBC ID

There are alot of great tuners on this board, I'm in the US and I do the work myself also :)

Yes this is the only legalized LM in the US :squintdan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.