GTR Forum banner

REMAP OF ECU

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dinny 
#1 ·
Hi all, just thinking is there any difference in the maps you get from different tuners,,, using ecutek what is for example the difference between a linney tune against a litchfield tune if any

#2 ·
Mapping is not an art, it is a science.

Mostly it is about using the ECU of choice to deliver the best it can offer.

Generally this is done by trial and error, you make an adjustment and judge whether the change is positive or negative.

Making the changes is easy, judging whether it was positive or negative, not so.

On a Dyno you can easily read the changes that each adjustment to fuel or ignition makes, however I drive my car on the road and not a Dyno, so prefer the final tuning to be done on the road, since the engine temperatures are correct. This does bring complications as the cars get more and more powerful, so finding a venue that will allow you to make pulls can be hard.

Also being able to judge the performance gains on the road is different since the indications are speed over two points rather than having a nice graph from the dyno.

In my case I use the ECU to display the performance over each map cell, so can judge the fuel & ignition performance against each neighboring cell.

You can also use VBox to make similar comparisons.

Personally, once there is a tune in the ECU, I like to adjust the mapping myself, this is however not easy to do on EcuTek since you are required to purchase a tuner license, but is easy on Syvecs and Motec since both allow easy access.

Back to your question.

One way to judge the performance on offer that takes the bullshit out of the equation is the Cartel Draggy leaderboard. Click here to open up the leaderboard

Here you will see GTR times for 100kph to 200kph from tuners all over the world including the ones you mentioned.

Hopefully these real world figures, independently recorded, will assist in your efforts to judge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.