GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just reset my ecu, and hope that it willl work, but will ask anyway...

i am getting about 100 miles to a full tank of ultimate or optimax. that is just full town driving, no high speeds, and a lot of 5th gear low rev work (but not labored). will a remap help reduce the mileage?

also, is there anywhere decent up here in scotland (pertshire region) that can do a decent remap? i unfortunatly dont have the time to be able to drive to rk or rb motorsports :(.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
41 Posts
100 miles for about £60. thats crazy, what injectors you got 3000cc. Wow.
I think mines about 100 miles £25 approx, but never actually tested,i think i will. hope you sort it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Thats not right, a full tank on a stock GTsT should see you almost double that used carefully ... obviously we need to take into acount new owner enthusiasm Rico :D which can always have a bad effect on fuel economy.

Also top speed, you can seriously use a lot of fuel in a very short period of time once you are over the ton, so even taking a couple of mates out, blasting onto the M/Way and running up to 130+ and back down again will really take its toll on a tank of fuel.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have yet to hit it hard. seriously. going too fast scares the poop out of my bottom.

although did hit 110 yesterday. most of my driving is from my house, to my work and back. about 5 miles if that! all in town, and near schools so going very easily.. just done a reset, and will do a full tank of petrol to see how its done.. may then check some other points if its still cack.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Hi Patrick,

Your cars hardly what I'd call standard matey;) it's got quite a few little bits and pieces on from what I remember.:rolleyes: Remember what I told you, it's obviously been set up and used for drag/drifting, so it's got a few toys.:D (Did you check to see what ecu it has fitted?).

A remap should help, get the car over to Mark at the garage, he's defo the man in your area.:)

Hope you get quite a few more miles to the tank than that.:)

Andy.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
You'll be driving it permanently on cold-start fuelling if you only drive it 5 miles at a time, this is about as bad as caning it everywhere! lol ;)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i usually let it sit and warm up first of all..

hi andy... yeah, ok a few toys ;)

checked today, standard ecu :( seems standard engine tbh except the blitz bov, nismo strut braces, etc. going to pop to the garage at some point for the undersealing.. still needs done. tis great driving it every day... :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
When i first got my GTR it was still in kilometers.. It managed 300k for £50 worth of Optimax, that included a lot of 'test it out' use of the right foot... :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
18mpg

i picked up my 460bhp gtr last week done 1000miles since then and averaged 18mpg, that includes some 150+runs:) wallace performance in aberdeen did remap, he was quick and pretty cheap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts