GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stupid stupid question

when i bought my car it had been mapped by abbey to 1 bar.

since then ive fitted steel turbo's and hks elbows and the fuellings out

so, i need to have a remap to make up for this

but

i think i'm going to hold off more power for the mo, and focus on handling and stopping, and doing some track work

but, i need to sort the fuelling.

can the standard ecu be remapped again, or whatever chip or whatever abbey have fitted?

ive got a power fc to fit, but if i could sell it, it could go on somthing else

i honestly dunno how an abbey remap works chip/ecu wise?

anyone care to fill me in?

thanks

mook

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
You can kind of 'bodge' the fuelling using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

In what way is the fuelling out?

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems just as the turbo's start to spool it leans off. suppose the steelies don't spool when the car expects it, lambdas see it's running rich, lean off the mixture, just as turbo's come on boost, by which time its too lean.

Ron has unlugged the lambdas for the minute to ensure it don't happen, but i want a more permanent solution.

how do abbey change the map?

mook

3,666 Posts
We had the early "chips" written in Japan, but we should be able to remap the STD ecu within the next few months , we will be able to change injectors and Air flow meter sizes and normal stuff like Rev limits etc etc. It wont happen tommorrow but very soon I hope.

Mookie

seems just as the turbo's start to spool it leans off. suppose the steelies don't spool when the car expects it, lambdas see it's running rich, lean off the mixture, just as turbo's come on boost, by which time its too lean.
This isnt the problem imho. Steel turbo,s spool slower than std turbo,s , AFM,s will compensate due to the nature how they work , working out the mass of thr air being sucked throu them. The disconnecting of the lambda makes the car go into "limp" so providing a rich mixture that feels better. Have you tried some new Lambda,s and/or AFM,s?

Mark

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We had the early "chips" written in Japan, but we should be able to remap the STD ecu within the next few months , we will be able to change injectors and Air flow meter sizes and normal stuff like Rev limits etc etc. It wont happen tommorrow but very soon I hope.
thats very interesting

so, on my car, with the downpipes, apexi intake, exhaust, decat and 1 bar, you use a sort of off the shelf chip/map which, on dynapack, gives a 320-340 bhp hub reading.

that makes sense to me.

so, the map itself on my car can't be changed (until you sort the above method) without an aftermarket ECU.

can the fuelling be adjusted to compensate for this issue with something like a FPR?

Mook

3,666 Posts
so, the map itself on my car can't be changed (until you sort the above method) without an aftermarket ECU.

can the fuelling be adjusted to compensate for this issue with something like a FPR?
You could use a F-con Sz to do that job this allows fuel and ignition to be tuned or something as crude as a SAFC II to tweak the fuelling only via the Air flow meter signal but you will not be able to tune the Ignition map. If you use the FPR is is even cruder but may work.

Why dont you drop down, we can run the car on the dyno to look at the Air fuel ratio reading and then we can comment on a idea to cure the problem?

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think getting it on a dyno and seeing whats actually happening is defineylty the best idea.

I'll get on selling the FC and injectors and raising some funds for Dyno day

thanks Mark, i'll be in touch

mook

1 - 7 of 7 Posts