GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just curious, whats needed to remap a stock R32 GTR Ecu ?

I have cables etc for doing Evo's and Subarus but wondered what is required to do a Skyline ?

Do you need to do it via eproms and burn them then fit to the car or can you "flash" the stock ecu directly ?

I know with the 200sx's you can but you must fit a nistune daughter board first, is that the case with the GTR too ?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I believe you can flash the stock ECU, no need for a daughterboard. DaveW offers the service, so he will be able to tell you more.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
You carn't flash any of the gtr ecus the 32 is on a eprom and the rest is on a plcc 33 is a H8/534 and 34 H8?

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Hi guys, just curious, whats needed to remap a stock R32 GTR Ecu ?

I have cables etc for doing Evo's and Subarus but wondered what is required to do a Skyline ?

Do you need to do it via eproms and burn them then fit to the car or can you "flash" the stock ecu directly ?

I know with the 200sx's you can but you must fit a nistune daughter board first, is that the case with the GTR too ?
Send it to me, I offer a 7 day turn around and give you a UK based map for 97R fuel with modded ign and fueling maps so it will lift its skirt and fly;)

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
With the cost of a rb engine they should be mapped proper and not just a off the shelf chip try rising sun performance off the forum.they can map them.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I have can remap them but it would need to be done on a rolling road. I personally wouldn't bother remapping.. Just get an aftermarket ecu that can control boost etc.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Send it to me, I offer a 7 day turn around and give you a UK based map for 97R fuel with modded ign and fueling maps so it will lift its skirt and fly;)
All very good dave but the problem is I run alot of mods and its not just a stock setup ! LOL

I do my own mapping so wondered if it were possible to reflash my current phoenix mapped ecu to tweak my mid range.

Looks to be that you cant though ? So ill hold off and get a PFC or something instead :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the cost of a rb engine they should be mapped proper and not just a off the shelf chip try rising sun performance off the forum.they can map them.
Cheers but again I feel many have missed my point LOL

I do my OWN mapping and im looking for info on the equipment needed to flash the stock ECU not looking for somewhere to do it for me :)

I have all the required stuff i.e det cans, wideband etc as I have mapped all sorts in the past (PFC, Emanage, ECU Flash etc etc). I have never remapped a std ecu in a gtr though so wanted to know if my tactrix universal OBD 2 reflash cable would work on the Nissan for example or if id have to get a PFC and use my datalogit gear to do it

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts

I do my OWN mapping and im looking for info on the equipment needed to flash the stock ECU not looking for somewhere to do it for me :)

I have all the required stuff i.e det cans, wideband etc as I have mapped all sorts in the past (PFC, Emanage, ECU Flash etc etc). I have never remapped a std ecu in a gtr though so wanted to know if my tactrix universal OBD 2 reflash cable would work on the Nissan for example or if id have to get a PFC and use my datalogit gear to do it
I have a PFC and Data Logit available;)

·
Premium Member
955 Posts

Mate you can not do it the way a evo is done with ECU FLASH you need a eprom emulater and then you need to find the maps they are not in a format like ecuflash is.:thumbsup:

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I think RSP is the way to go. Great customer service and communication.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You would need to remove the EPROM. And a wide band etc is not really enough.. You want a rolling road to do things properly. I've never looked at the standard maps but there is normally a fair bit if tidying up that you can do to factory maps with reasonable performance gains.

I'm not declaring I'm an expert when it comes to rb's.. I mainly do diesels and the odd na petrol..

·
Registered
453 Posts

This is the fuel map off a gtr 32 that andy @ amt has sent me. The red part of the map is the closed loop which is wrote over the original map.

cheers

Ryan

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ach same as S13's then !!! Grr Annoyingly I used to have an eprom burner but not anymore :( PFC it is then !!!

I have datalogit but need to buy a PFC :) Best get saving ! LOL

3,666 Posts
Just buy a Nistune board , you get the software when your order a board , liv emapping , datalogging ability to muck around with closed loop area,s. change injectors and airflow meters.

very very good system , cheap as well.

Mark

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just buy a Nistune board , you get the software when your order a board , liv emapping , datalogging ability to muck around with closed loop area,s. change injecters and airflow meters.

very very good system , cheap as well.

Mark
Awesome ! Cheers mark, thats what I was getting at ! Wasnt sure if you could get them for the GTR or not :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts