GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
open event, 1.25miles top speed runs and timed 1/4 mile this time. £70 for day again, all welcome.

will still happen regardless of weather, please add your name to this if attending though.

will be cars vs bikes as well as car vs car, plus jet car demo hopefully

cant unfortunately run a true top speed only at this event, however i have provisionally booked two days next year in addition to Ten of the best II day!
one will be used for flying top speed runs and a timed handling course day.
details later on that one, for now please add your name if coming sunday 27th to race
spectators welcome BTW, 10 am start
rgds
chris m

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good question, will check, but i assume its the driver covered in that case. you would have to get stickers on both though to run.
rgds
chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Be interested in price for running a bike.

Need to know ASAP, cos I probably need a new clutch ;)

(22 starts at East Kirkby and 5-6 at Melbourne)

Are you using the main runaway or the taxi way at the side?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will check and get back to you after the weekend
rgds

chris

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
price is cheaper than advertised!

right, slight change on price as we are not taking the whole event over for cars only, its now just £30 per car or bike, if you want to run 2 vehicles its not a prob, and can be done at a deal price! that is for the full day, 1/4s and top speed, pay on day.
bring a helmet !

spectators will be £5 each, loads of room for a big meet, all welcome.

will still run even if raining, if its mega wet the top speed runs may be curtailed but elvington is v grippy.

likely to be on other runway, not main tarmac runway.
(ie same one we used at Ten of the best)-
1.25 miles for top speed run.

hope to see you there 10am 27th oct
rgds

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Come on guys... Who is going for this...? Glen, Dirk, Ronnie, Ged... Your splitters should be fine this time...;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just to add that this event will be run at 1.25miles, for the top speed.( this refers back to new threads on main forum regarding ronnies 209mph 1.5mile run)

on open days with larger numbers of cars it is impossible to run the full length or do flying starts. on private days you can set back the timing gear and run the full runway, and also use the main entry bends if reqd.

just to clear up why its 1.25miles on the 27th, in addition to head to head 1/4 mile drag runs.

hope to see some GTRs there
rgds
chris m

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Chris

This is the first time I have been on the forum. We are coming to this, and I wouldn't mind a few goes at 1/4 mile.
Can anyone give me directions from Notts please.

Cheers

Kev Carrington

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi
theres a link to a map of elvington airfield from our trackdayplus.com website
see you there
rgds

1 - 10 of 10 Posts