GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On an R32GTR (no airbag).
Does the centre push horn button simply pull out, or is removal dependant on the two screws I can feel behind the horizontal spokes.
Just thought I would ask BEFORE I [email protected] it up -- which is most unusual for me !
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry mate,

"nibble mode / on"

?????

·
Registered
179 Posts
my r32 is a 92 k reg and it fastens behind the wheel with anti-tamper torque screws, but mine had the air bag wheel on, i had to grind the tamper pin out with a dremel and just take it off as normal with a torque socket, job sorted.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I knew an airbag option was available, but never actually seen one. The early cars have just plain stitching/glueing on the back of the spokes, the later ones screws. (and obviously the airbag version has screws aswell)

A nibbler is a person who knows lots of sad, geeky info.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amendment to above.
I have discovered that there is a sort of boss.
It's three spoked shaped, same as the wheel, and has a screw behind the vertical spoke as well as the horizontal two.
I assume the first job would be to undo these and then all should become obvious.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
I am getting my R32 non airbag wheel re-conalised tomorrow.

I have popped the horn out, removed the ~19mm nut, but no matter how I yank on the wheel is is stuck fast. :(
I have removed all 3 screws as Stan suggested above, but that does not seam to make any difference. :(

Do I need some sort of puller tool, or just to get mental on it until the wheels comes off?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dont take the 19mm nut all the way off as you'll hit you're self with the wheel when it comes loose.
You just need to keep puling, maybe get someone to hit the 19mm nut while you pull the wheel, the shock will help it come loose.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The shaft they are fitted on is tapered so thats why it wont come off. Leave the nut on the end of the thread loose, get someone to pull it while you hit the nut with a soft face hammer. Give it heaps it will come off eventually.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts