GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GTROC Trader
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the Plenum to be Powder Coated as it had seen better days.

1st What a job and a half!

Now that it is back in the car (GTR R32) the car is Idling high (close to 2000RPM) and when driving as soon as you acccelerate it goes into a Miss and you cant get the Rev's up, it just Bogs

But if you Rev it while standing still it Rev's Clean.

We were very sure everything under the Plenum was put back/plugged in & connected............

Is there anything that anyone can think of that would cause the above ???

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'd suggest a good chance you've an air leak. So on idle it's drawing in air causing the high idling.

I'd re check all vacume pipes. Also spray some carb cleaner around the plenum and if the revs change then you have located the rough area that's drawing in air!

Greg

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd suggest a good chance you've an air leak. So on idle it's drawing in air causing the high idling.

I'd re check all vacume pipes. Also spray some carb cleaner around the plenum and if the revs change then you have located the rough area that's drawing in air!

Greg
+1!!!

·
GTROC Trader
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So

I checked all Pipes , All connections , all Clamps around and near the Plenum.
And everything looked and looks perfect.
Sprayed Carb Cleaner / Silicone Spray all over and cleaned all connector Plugs -and no signs of sucking air anywhere.
Also Cleaned the MAFS - they were dirty.

Then I noticed the Boost pipe from 1 of the tubo's to the right handisde of the Intercooler had popped off. - 1 Big problem found.
Sorted that out and tightened eveything back together.

Started the car - and a lot better.
Idle was still a little rough but not so high like before.
Took the car for a shake down test and feels great.

So the boost pipe was a huge issue,
and cleaning the MAF's and spraying all the connections may have been the balance of the problem somewhere.

Test again tomorrow and see how she goes..

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I had idle probs when I replaced my plenum no leaks just high idle after a bit of trial and error it was the throttle linkages set to far so was keeping the throttle open all the time as I fitted steel gaskets which are thicker than paper

·
GTROC Trader
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had idle probs when I replaced my plenum no leaks just high idle after a bit of trial and error it was the throttle linkages set to far so was keeping the throttle open all the time as I fitted steel gaskets which are thicker than paper
Thanks, Interesting...
We also used a new Gasket.
Will check that out!

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts