GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically long story short the nylon bush from the shifter dropped into the gearbox while I was fitting my nismo short shift kit,......... I have two questions does the aluminium part pictured below come off

and can the 6 bolts holding this entire section onto the gearbox be removed without dropping the box? I have the front 4 removed but cannot get near the back 2?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
It's helpful to drop the back of the box Andy to get to those bolts.
Sorry to hear that.
Bob

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Or if you want to borrow my snap on boroscopeferl free to pop by
;)
Bob

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
had literallly just came to the same conclusion, is it a case of putting a transmission jack under the car loosening the bolts holding the gearbox crossmember and letting it drop a bit? also easier from underneath or inside the car?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
It's tight without a ramp but if you support the transmission with a tranny jack and then undo the crossmember bolts and then drop the back Dow you should be able to get to it from underneath. Don't go too far just go a bit at a time til you get access. Just keep an eye on clutch slave, angle of front n rear props etc and clearances.
There's also a paper gasket between that part and the box. Be careful not to spilt it.
If you do getting it off in the car is gonna be a nightmare!
Good luck. Shout if you need help.
;)
Bob

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
It's tight without a ramp but if you support the transmission with a tranny jack and then undo the crossmember bolts and then drop the back Dow you should be able to get to it from underneath. Don't go too far just go a bit at a time til you get access. Just keep an eye on clutch slave, angle of front n rear props etc and clearances.
There's also a paper gasket between that part and the box. Be careful not to spilt it.
If you do getting it off in the car is gonna be a nightmare!
Good luck. Shout if you need help.
;)
Bob

Ps that's not where the h pattern is weirdly enough.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
This pic may help

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
managed to get it out via the drain plug for the transfer case underneath the shifter, am I right in saying this is just dexron 3 that I put in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts