GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone remind me how the R32 back seats come out. I spent some time last night pushing and pulling the bugger and gave up and went to bed. I am sure it clips in two places and you push back and down and then up but it did not work. I want to run a cable for the boot cd in tonite and need to get it done.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Seat Removal.

Dave,

From what I can remember, as it a while age since I took mine out, Its quite simple and quick.

At the front of the base cushion there are two bolts, one in each corner, holding the seat down to the floor pan. To reveal this you have to push the cushion backwards to see the bolt head.

Once these have been removed the base cushion should pull forward and out.

Now the back cushions fixings should be visable, again a bolt in each lower corner. Undo these and lift the seat out unhooking it vertically from the rear parcel shelf area.

The whole process as I have said is very easy, except for when re-installing the back cushion. A bit of force is needed to relocate the hooks.

Hope this helps you.

Also hope this is correct and I'm not recalling how its done on one of my previous cars. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let us know how you get on, unless I'm completly wrong. :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seats

My seat may be different to yours then as I do not recall any bolts on the bottom part and it took the tracker guy nearly 30 minutes to work out howe to remove it so it definately was not easy. Thanks anyway. Has anyone else had a go recently?

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
2nd STAB !!!!

Dave,

Maybe I was getting mixed up, but the back bit is correct as I remember all the swearing and sweating well.

The base cushion must be bolted from the rear corners then!! (Power of deduction :D :D )
Due to modern car assembly techniques, most things are only held in by a couple of bolts with relativly good tooling access to make life easier for the bloke on the line knocking up 300 a day. Although you probably aren't thinking that right now I bet!

Once you have found them, you will be able to get them in and out in 4-5 minutes.

Hope this helps and doesn't make the job more complicated. :) :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
No it is like this . the front of the base has a steel loop thing on each side that pushes ino a plastic holder in the floor . you have to lift the front of the base so it will pop out , the seat may bend a bit but that is the only way to remove it. the base has no bolts as all holding it in. the backrest has one bolt at either side at the bottom . that is all, it should be about a 2-3 minute job to remove both.
Brenhan.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rear Seats

Does anyone know how to remove the rear seats on an R33? I removed the two bolts on the front and could see the hoops underneath the seat but how do you get them out? I pushed, pulled, swore and pushed pulled and swore some more! No joy .

Anybody got a "Noddy's Guide?"

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
R33 rear seats

Hi Tykes
Once you have removed the 2 bolts get yourself 2 strong (large screwdrivers) place one either side of one of the hoops you can see and in one strong and fast movement , lever the seat pan up.
The hoops are push fit locking devices and need to be released of the locking.
Fitment is done by just pushing the seat down and you will here the hoops click into place.
Hope this helps
Best regards :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rear Seats

Alan,

Many thanks. I was afraid of putting too much pressure on the seat in case it broke something.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
R33 seats

Tykes
The metal hoop locates into a plastic insert it does make a click sound when it releases and once you have done the first side and know how it fits, it is quite easy
I have done mine quite a few times now and it is always very tight to release.
Best regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts