GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my brand new 6 week old pear white GTR yesterday like I've had to do every weekend (white is a nightmare) and found a brown stain in the paint which I've been unable to remove. I first tried scrubbing with sponge, then clay bar and then tcutting out and nothing has removed it. There's no noticible surface dirt, so feels more like an actual stain than just surfAce dirt.

I've ordered some Meguiars Crystal paint cleaner, but have no idea if that's best? Can anyone recommend a safe way to remove stains? In 20 years of car ownership I've never experienced anything that clay or Polish didn't remove easily.

Any advice welcomed!

Mart.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Same as above,, take it to a well known Bodyshop or detailer,
Don't go mad with t/cut as you could be doing more damage than good,
Hope you get it sorted,

Regards Goldie

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I washed my brand new 6 week old pear white GTR yesterday like I've had to do every weekend (white is a nightmare) and found a brown stain in the paint which I've been unable to remove. I first tried scrubbing with sponge, then clay bar and then tcutting out and nothing has removed it. There's no noticible surface dirt, so feels more like an actual stain than just surfAce dirt.

I've ordered some Meguiars Crystal paint cleaner, but have no idea if that's best? Can anyone recommend a safe way to remove stains? In 20 years of car ownership I've never experienced anything that clay or Polish didn't remove easily.

Any advice welcomed!

Mart.
Mart whereabouts is the stain fella ? and do you have an idea of cause

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi PW

Stain is on upper portion of drivers door. It's a light brown blemish/stain like that left by a drop of tea that's dried. It could only be left by the colour pigment from a wet leaf or tree sap, about 10mm x 10mm. It seems to be like a proper paint stain which I've never experienced before. Starting to regret the choice of colour, I've never had a car that gets so dirty just sat on my drive over a week! :(

Any tips? Is paint cleaner the best approach, or a more aggressive polish?

Any advice gratefully received! :)

Mart.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Should have bought RED !!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You get no problems with DMG:D

Bobby

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Hi PW

Stain is on upper portion of drivers door. It's a light brown blemish/stain like that left by a drop of tea that's dried. It could only be left by the colour pigment from a wet leaf or tree sap, about 10mm x 10mm. It seems to be like a proper paint stain which I've never experienced before. Starting to regret the choice of colour, I've never had a car that gets so dirty just sat on my drive over a week! :(

Any tips? Is paint cleaner the best approach, or a more aggressive polish?

Any advice gratefully received! :)

Mart.
to be honest Mart it sounds very unusual from your description

i kind of hoped you where going to say from spilt fuel or similar

best bet take it back to the dealer and get them to look at it

reason i say that is if you keep buggering about with chemicals and compound you may well cause more damage

Paul

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Has the car ever been painted,, if so it could be something bleeding through the colour underneath,
To much harderner in filler bleeds a reddish brown colour,,
Your better taking it to a Bodyshop or Paul at PWPro for a professional appraisal,
Regards Goldie

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Has the car ever been painted,, if so it could be something bleeding through the colour underneath,
To much harderner in filler bleeds a reddish brown colour,,
Your better taking it to a Bodyshop or Paul at PWPro for a professional appraisal,
Regards Goldie
i tend to agree theres something not quite right hence suggesting returning to the supplying dealer

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Doesn't look like it's under the clear coat,,,
Should be able to polish out,,,
As Paul said take it back to the dealer to see what they say,,
Regards Goldie

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think I'd try a little polish first - can't do any harm. Nothing special, something cheap like your common or garden Autoglym you can pick up from Halfords. I'd guess it would wipe straight off?

edit...ignore the above, just read you have already tried tcut. Not a tar smear?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've tried clay bar and t-cut and neither have worked. Didn't want to get too heavy handed and end up going through the clearcoat! There's no noticeable raised contmaination, so nothing that you can feel to the touch.

Mart.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm guessing that it may be under the clear then. You'd expect tcut to remove any surface contamination.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts