GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i heard that the stock stereo amplifier is located under the rear parcel shelf in the boot... that true? if no... where is it?

second... can it be removed with out causing issues?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
round metal box with clarion on, needs to be unbolted from windscreen side of parcel shelf and drops down underneath.
only wiring that needs to be done is connecting up the wires that would usually be plugged into it. if you have an aftermarket radio in already and the rear speakers work then its had the wiring sorted already.
if not, find the connector that would plug into it and connect the +- of the rear speaker cable from stereo to the +- or the colour that goes to coresponding rear speaker. ignore the other wires, they are just power etc for the amp.
wire colours are same as at headunit which get connected to the colours that are visible at the rear speakers (you will be connecting different colours together)
think that makes sense, will become clear when you have a look lol.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i was going to take mine out also.. in a pathetic attempt to save weight ..:chuckle:

but you have to remove the parcel shelf from the inside and i have speakers fitted and i couldn't be bothered to remove them ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts