GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much of a ball ache is it?, will be getting my engine highly polished or painted some funky colour and don want to leave the intake out,

any guides?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Its a massive ball ache from what i`ve been told, i`ve heard of around 4-5 hours if the engines in the car to remove and replace.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
No but if you pm him he`ll know what you mean. Or click on his user name and search through his posts to see a picture.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I took mine off to replace it with a Nismo item. It took me about 10 hours to get off and a massive headache. Cut a long story short I had to put on and off both plneums twice each. The second time i pulled off the stocker it took me 30 mins to get off. Thats in a 33. A mate who owns a 32 (and is a mechanic) said 32's are harder due to having a slightly smaller engine bay! If you REALLY want a challenge... put the Nismo one on.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Its all a learning curve mate ive never done it personally but i have replaced the tubs on the GTR and altho it took me a while i know if i had to do it again i could do it in half the time cos i know wot to do it is a daunting task but if you want to learn get it done :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts