GTR Forum banner

Removing the plastic MFD surround

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SKNAM 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anybody have instructions on how to remove it, I'd like to get it carbon dipped?

If it involves removing half the dash then I wont bother, hopefully it just pops out I'm just too chicken to try!

#2 ·
I had the same thoughts, however found a company in Japan that make a CF cover. Now I know that there is a lot of shyte CF covers for sale on the web and mostly from China, however this company are excellent. I bought the MFD surround cover, Radio/AC facia cover, small door tweeter coverr window control button cover and mirror control cover. They all fit perfectly and they even meticulously put double sided tape on all the parts. Company is RSW and the link is below

RSW | Carbon Panels Collection for GT-R

If you speak to Kenichi tell him Louie had recommended you and he may give you a little discount,

I'll take a few pics tomorrow and post them so you can see how well the parts fit

Cheers

Louie

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks but i already have these very RSW parts fitted. They are good quality compared to many I've seen but you cant get away from the fact that they are stuck on and not OEM fitment.
I was hoping to dip the MFD surround and sell the RSW cover.
If i cant take it off i may dip the carbon RSW MFD surround and the A/C cover so at least it matches the other dipped parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.