GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to remove all of wire and control units that i dont need. This car is only for use on the track.
Then i need some help. have 2 contrul units under the rear window. What is their task?
Have a r32gtst with an rb26 engine.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
top tip ; if you don't know what you messing with steer clear... ;) and sorry if that sounds harsh bit it'll potentially save you alot off hassle in the future for minimal weightsavings to be made!

·
Registered
494 Posts
One of those units is a fuel control module which slows down the pump on Idle so you don't hear it as much

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want to remove everything that i dont need. the problem is that i cant find some part number on these 2 control units.
The battery and fuse box is going to be replaced in the boot.
I just need the wiring and control units to lights and engine.
It is not just because of the weight. just want the car clean for parts that i dont need.

sorry for my english.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is abs control unit located on my car?
Thanks for the answer. now i can remove it :) i have a walbro pump in the boot.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
The fuel control module is not under the rear tray, it's on the drivers side quarter panel....

But as mentioned, don't go pulling out wiring and control boxes unless you know what you are doing.....it'll end in disaster!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm perfectly aware of what I'm doing. Just wondering if the engine is going to start if I remove the A/T. Contol unit.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I'm perfectly aware of what I'm doing. Just wondering if the engine is going to start if I remove the A/T. Contol unit.
Roger that:nervous:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have done this on many cars before. but i havent done this on an r32 gtst before. the 2 control units under the rear window was Hicas and Radio. they are gone now and all of the wire to them also.
There are also a resistor on 100ohm, i follow the wire with white and red color from the alternator. it is going into the speedometer and into a resistor. why is this resistor here?

dont answere if you dont know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts