GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the latest headlines in the FT, I noticed this write up and thought I'd post it for your feedback - what do you think ?

Renault set to increase links with Nissan

Renault and Nissan, the French and Japanese alliance partners, have begun talks on increasing their shared components and services purchasing from 30 per cent to 70 per cent of their annual spending, equivalent to about E50bn ($44.5bn) a year.

My question to you is how will this affect future development of the Skyline and or the R35?

Claire

·
Banned
349 Posts
Claire,

It's a damn frightening thought to think of Renault having any influence on Skylines in the future. Just look at the mess they made of the V6 Clio, marketing, product positioning and the drive itself - Talk about snap oversteer, I needed wiper blades on the side windows so as I could see better.

Nissan need Renaults shareholder funding only.

Jamie.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Renault

I worked for Renault (few yrs back) and at that time was intitled to a company car. I can't start to tell you how many times that car went back for one thing or another...and I worked there!! Even the 5 Turbo (one of my cars) was a pain in the a**e, kept over heating in traffic thank god it went back to the garage.

Not sure what they're like to drive now, I can only imagine they still handle badly. Your right about the funding !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts