GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, the battery on my GTR33 is small, silly and dare I say it stuck behind some bl**dy great strut brace!

Where can I get a replacement and how the devil do I get it in situ in the boot?

I went to Harrys and all they had that would fit was a battery for an 850cc Peduia Nipper thing.. grr:(

Crazy Japanese so and so's!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah halfords do one as its listed in there battery book and is always in stock, cost is 50 quid i think, go in and ask as i don't think its on the system but is in the book where all the batterys are kept.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Replacement Battery GTR33

Plenty room for a 9" X 7" Battery.

Exide
Type ET3
WO65TE
605CCA
60AHR
Or equivalent...About 30 Quid for the Exide:)

·
Registered
865 Posts
looks like what i've got as mine is a heavy duty diesel job, works well and is with in the cars limits.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
If it's the same as a Micra one, then i think that is also the same one as the IMPORT GTI-R (the UK spec GTI-R has a bigger battery with bigger terminals).

If it is the same one, alot of the GTI-R guys go for the Exxide 054 (with the small terminals).

If it were me, i'd relocate it to the boot and put a big mother battery in :D

Good luck,
Daz

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
battery

hi all

battery is same as k10 micra and import gtir as far as know
the only problem is mine dies very quickly after no time at all
as is so small i would relocate to boot and get bigger one

lee

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks GTI-R guys and fellow little battery/big car peeps!

I think the problem is my putting an amp and sub the size of Wales in the boot :)
There was a big satisfaction when the Harrys assistant asked what car I wanted a battery for, I say some old Datsun, he replies that he will have a look for me... after we scraped his jaw off the floor we went back in the store and got the perduoia nipper battery...

Bless em, they dont see many GTR's on the Isle of Wight LOL!

Thanks again,

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi

Go on splash some cash and get an OPTIMA (Gel battery).
Never goes flat , even after a few months
Expensive at £250, but just take it out and put a micra one
in when you sell the car.
A battery is for life not just for christmas.

Cheers Slippery :smokin:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I thought these Optima batteries were for I.C.E. cars that use 2 or 3 batteries to run the install.I remember I went to a Max Power live at Brands Hatch years ago and they had a stall there and demo cars,the cars were sound off winners using Optima batteries.I don`t recall them saying they were any better than normal batteries for normal use ie:start ups...

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Flat battery

gtsm said:
the only problem is mine dies very quickly after no time at all
If you are having trouble with the battery going flat when left (e.g. you don't drive your car enough like me:D), try this link Optimate .
As used by myself after Alan recommended it.
No more listening to the stereo whilst polishing the car and the next morning the battery is flat. Just plug connector in when you park the car up (near or in the garage).
Dave

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I thought all R33 GTR batteries were in the boot already ??

They sit up behind the back seat.

the nissan Micra one that some of the chaps mention rings a bell.

good luck.

Steve

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Uhmm....If I only knew these Optima batteries existed it would have saved me a lot of hassle! Will they fit in the tight space in the boot?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all your replies to my battery question, much appreciated:)

·
Registered
720 Posts
BE CAREFULL!

Make sure the battery has an external breather or is a sealed type; there is a 'very strong' chance that highly explosive gas could build up in the confined unventilated space. Using a normal battery is like having a time bomb in your boot.

The standard type battery has a small breather pipe leading through the floor, which vents the gas off outside.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts