GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Has anybody bought and fitted one of the ebay cheepie Autobann 88 pipe kits?

Do they fit OK?

Anyone keen to post some pics?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I thought there were some for sale on here a while ago, but can't remember by whom...:confused:
And he commented that they fit OK but the insides off the pipes aren't what you call "100% smooth" but what do you expect for that price and being copies...
That being said, the HKS ones aren't that smooth on the insides either.
So I'd go ofr the cheaper ones and do a bit more DIY, but that's me ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Has anybody bought and fitted one of the ebay cheepie Autobann 88 pipe kits?

Do they fit OK?

Anyone keen to post some pics?
Don't buy this kit!!!It is garbage

Compressed air leaving front turbo entered here

rear flange 45 degrees off

AC compressor in the way

power steering reservoir in the way

And the pipe that leaves the front turbo to enter the Y pipes is 10 degrees too high. and two flanges were warped. The entire kit was a waste of money. I have since fixed all these problems myself.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Thanks GTR--J.

Glad I asked first....Sorry you had to be the one with the dramas.

I will steer clear of that one.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I had the same bother when I bought a used HKS inlet piping kit from here. Turned out to be from an R33 IIRC. Flanges were all over the place.

I have the Trust kit and its great.....

Pricey but worth it IMHO.

TT

·
Registered
562 Posts
Don't buy this kit!!!It is garbage

Compressed air leaving front turbo entered here

rear flange 45 degrees off

AC compressor in the way

power steering reservoir in the way

And the pipe that leaves the front turbo to enter the Y pipes is 10 degrees too high. and two flanges were warped. The entire kit was a waste of money. I have since fixed all these problems myself.
In the last pic it looks like you still have the spacer attached to the front turbo (bit between the snail and the new pipe flange). With that taken off the pipe would marry up to the Y piece. I had a similar problem when fitting my hard pipes and when I did finally suss it out (well, pointed out if Im honest) felt a bit of a numpty:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm still needing the hard pipes..... and sack paying hundreds and hundreds for a trust/greddy kit :/

can someone clear things up for me

1. Intake to Rear turbo
2. Y pipe, Turbos to IC
3. Turbo to Y pipe connections (front and back)
5. rear turbo to Y pipe extension
6. Intake to front turbo

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would like to know if it is possible to use any kind of hard pipe kit and retain the OEM airbox on a R34?

What did the Nismo intake pipe connect up to?

Or would a ARC type setup be the only option?

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
You could achieve the pretty much the same effect on the charge air side for far less money by getting one of these :

Products - GTR OWNERS CLUB

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
..... and you have to be a member to buy it :/ I'm not being bribed into membership to buy another product LOL

I was going to become a member next year to take full advantage of trackdays etc.... any option to buy without being a member?

·
Registered
562 Posts
i'm still needing the hard pipes..... and sack paying hundreds and hundreds for a trust/greddy kit :/

1. Intake to Rear turbo
2. Y pipe, Turbos to IC
6. Intake to front turbo
7.... Recirc pipe 1
8....Recirc pipe 2

·
Registered
562 Posts

1. Intake to Rear turbo
2. Y pipe, Turbos to IC
6. Intake to front turbo
7.... Recirc pipe 1 lower (through inner wing)
8....Recirc pipe 2 upper (inbetween 1 and 6)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Scott - I'm interested in one of those, but I also want hard pipes to replace the rubber intake one. I'm not really wanting the rest of the kit.... hence asking if anyone does the seperate parts.
I think Samco and/or SFS do a replacement for the flexi hose just after the rear MAF sensor. I was only talking to Matty from Newera about it last week. Maybe he can source one. ;)

..... and you have to be a member to buy it :/ I'm not being bribed into membership to buy another product LOL

I was going to become a member next year to take full advantage of trackdays etc.... any option to buy without being a member?
Its no bribe, I am sure you realise we must look after our members first. :)
Any how, there is a non members version, albeit a bit dearer, (price includes a £30 refundable deposit):

Products - GTR OWNERS CLUB

It'll be online soon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts