GTR Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
So where can these kits purchased from? I don’t want to pay heaps of money for one can someone point me to the right direction i really just want to replace the twin turbo pipe side to help with the shuffle, not to interested in the baffled pipe.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
GODSPEED TWIN INTAKE KIT

any good?
not that i like to change my stock look but price seems reasonable for this kit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
was wondering if this is the same kit someone else bought on another thread that had the wrong fitment. argh... can't post any links until i'm 15 posts in. so its on ebay and user name is gtautosportuk. says 2 kits sold.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
interested 2 cause it looks like this kit can be used with the stock air filter. anyone have tested the fitment?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
not bad for the price with some small work it will be fine just dont fancy the shape of it greddy has a unique design. i will baffle my stock one i think and get a silicone one for the stock airbox.if i keep my airflow meters and have them unplugged due to using map sensor will i have any restriction?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Have heard varying stories on the amount of restriction it poses, but there will be some restriction or turbulence either way.
Take out the mesh in the AFMs (2 per AFM), and optionally you can take apart the AFM and get rid of the element which should smooth out airflow.

Otherwise get some AFM replacement pipes (eg HKS) and paint them black for stealth :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's just as shit as the autobahn one, maybe worse.
Seems to be a trust/greddy copy, whereas the autobahn one was a HKS copy IIRC.

KTS is the only brand I'm aware of that works with the stock airbox, I have them on my 32R :)
thanks for the info. wondering if the greddy copy would bolt in like the real one, since even the real hks piping kit wouldn't bolt on a r32. you would have to move a few things like the ps reservoir, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i do and was just curious to ask. there are always lower cost options that work out better. just because something is a copy does not necessarily mean its something that does not fit. ie, the kts kit is a copy of a set of pipes that is less expensive and bolts on and is not magicially original. thanks for increasing your post count instead of helping.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i do and was just curious to ask. there are always lower cost options that work out better. just because something is a copy does not necessarily mean its something that does not fit. ie, the kts kit is a copy of a set of pipes that is less expensive and bolts on and is not magicially original.
Realistically the HKS, GReddy & KTS 4 piece hard pipe kits are all pretty much identical because they're based of factory parts, all three of which aren't miles apart in price.

If you look at the intake kits though, all three are very different designs... and all are very good quality and have easy fitment... unlike the crap posted earlier (look at the photos in the link I posted!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Realistically the HKS, GReddy & KTS 4 piece hard pipe kits are all pretty much identical because they're based of factory parts, all three of which aren't miles apart in price.

If you look at the intake kits though, all three are very different designs... and all are very good quality and have easy fitment... unlike the crap posted earlier (look at the photos in the link I posted!)
they are based off the original rubber factory parts, which makes them a superior copy. i get what you are saying though, i know most knockoffs have horrid welds, air flow, and quality than name brand. but once in awhile you'll get a piece that mimics it perfectly and sometimes flows even better. i appreciate your input since you took the time to at least think of something to reply with instead of just thinking of a sarcastic quib and just hitting send button compared to the other two posters. thanks.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Elu - get a grip.....

I started this thread LOL. I meant my post to Matty32's comment on 'copy'... i.e the post directly above mine.

To me a copy is a replica, same as.... If i bought a copy of a work of art I wouldnt expect to receive a doodle by a 5yr old. So as far as I can see we are in agreement.

Increasing my post count?! I have 4000+ over 10years. You have 13. I dont need to increase mine for any reason, you perhaps do.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts