GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Can anyone tell me how I get to the bulbs of my R35 (front). I've taken the 2 bolts which hold the housing but they do not pop off.
HELP:mad:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Easiest way is to turn wheel, jack car up, removing arch liner and hey presto full access to the indicator bulb.

Pain I know but if you find another way let me know :D

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Hi Can anyone tell me how I get to the bulbs of my R35 (front). I've taken the 2 bolts which hold the housing but they do not pop off.
HELP:mad:
You cant removed the headlamps without removing the bumper so dont try!

Access for the main bulbs (except the sidelights) are best achieved as Andy says above.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question, I've just got some rear indicator leds, but they are flashing twice as fast now, I gather i need to change the flasher relay with an LED one, where the hell is it??? and will this work???
Tom

·
Registered
618 Posts
What about leds with built in resistors, also called leds for Can-bus etc...

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
You need to place resistors in line with the indicator feed as the power draw is less thus the car thinks the bulb is blown.

I used a pair of these

You need to place them in parallel using scotch clips on wire no 1 on each lamp connector.

Wire number 1 is the top left wire as you look at the connector form the rear.

Passenger colour is white

Driver side colour is yellow

I did this 3 years ago so I hope this info is correct!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many thanks Charlie.
So I have to place it in series! This means I have to cut the wire and then connect the resistors in line to be in series. I'm just bait nervous to cut it......what happens if it doesn't work?!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Sorry bad choice of words!

I think I spliced mine in parallel.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I want to replace the OE orange indicator bulbs, for a cleaner look.
How difficult is it to get the arch-liner off & is access easy enough once removed?

I would've liked to go the LED route, but with the hassle of splicing resisters.... I'll get a set of Phillips Silver Vision - Philips Silver Vision PY21W (581) Styling Indicator Bulbs | PowerBulbs

Iggy

·
Registered
888 Posts
Anyone?

I'm going to be having a go after the weekend!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts