GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you are like me and have had paint in the engine bay and have lost the original VIN Plate or you just fancy a new plate, I have had all the artwork done and can hopefully pass on a saving to anyone else needing a replacement plate.

Here's an example of the negative I received for proof reading before getting the replacement made:

And the replacement plate:

I believe they can be made with rounded corners as per the originals.

Cost wise, I will have to speak to the supplier but as I've already paid for the artwork, I would think you'd be looking at around £80 for 2 plates.

I've had the OK from Mook to run a group buy if there's enough interest, so let me know if you need a replacement and I'll get a confirmed price from the supplier. He can also do custom work but at an extra cost.

Matt.

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries Ash.

I've spoken to the supplier this morning and if there are around 6-10 people interested, he should be able to get the price down to around £60-65 inc VAT which is a saving of over £40.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Me too please :)

Put me down as well please buddy. Mine would have to be custom as I'd like a dedication too and also because mine's an RB25.
Cheers
Matt

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, no worries.

I want to trial fit them to make sure the size is correct and hole positions etc.

Once I'm happy with the fit I'll post pictures and contact people to get their information.
Preferably the company would be looking to get a minimum of 6 orders as that's how many fit on a sheet.

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got 4 interested so far so 2 more and I'll look to place an order.

Cheers.

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is what the finished item looks like - obviously this one has had some custom work done.

If people want the plastic rivets supplying too, add £3.

·
Registered
296 Posts
At 65 + 3 for rivets, put me down for one with the rivets too please!

Not back in the UK for another 3 weeks so could not supply my VIN plate details, hope that will not be an issue?

Russell

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to make sure the fit was ok before going any further.
Hopefully you'll agree, looks spot on!

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok guys, I'd need a definite minimum of 6 to run a group buy; if there isn't enough interest, I'll simply provide the company details and you can make your own but at normal retail prices.

Please can you show definite interest by putting your name on the list and I'll PM people individually to get details.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts