GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought a Momo wheel to replace the knackered one on my 32 GTS-t. I noticed the standard wheel may have an airbag, is there any info around on removing the wheel without giving myself a nice broken nose, or would I be better served sticking it in somewhere and getting the job done professionally? (The airbag professionally fitted, I mean, not a professional broken nose :chuckle: )

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Disconnect the battery and remove it........not a difficult job.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm having trouble getting the wheel off. Took the big bolt off, even unscrewed the 3 screws on the back of the wheel, and also took the plastic shroud off from behind as well in case anything else was holding the wheel on, but it still won't budge. Did I miss a bolt somewhere?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had this problem on a previous car and it was down to the fact that the internal splines on the wheel and the external splines on the steering shaft were a very, very tight fit.

I used a 1" piece of steel as a punch and with a steel hammer knocked the outer ring to shock free it....3 or 4 reasonable hits and the wheel came off by gentle tapping with a rubber mallet from behind

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mate, went back out and just gave it a good tug (oo-er) and it came right off. (oo-er once again):chuckle:
Damn horn cable that came with the boss has a different plug, but I can probably modifying the original one hopefully.

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts