GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the stock Alternator since my build with have higher load requirements. I've seen some folks recommend an alternator off of a infinity I30 since it can be bolted on with little to no fab work, I'm not sure how valid the statement is so I'm asking.

Alternator in question: Nissan Maxima Infiniti I30 Alternator 250 Amp 1995 - 2001 High Amp High Output | eBay

Anything above 160A would be grand, I just selected this because for about 20 bucks more a 250A seemed like a reasonable potential purchase.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was going to suggest an RH9 but they're only 130 amp.

Guess it's the infinity!
Yep, its not bad for the price, plus since I'm ditching the clutch fan and going to E's this will be more than enough on top of additional components. Its going to need a top bracket piece though, but I think that can be easily managed with some elbow grease.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you really need 250A? Will you be running hydraulics or something?
Haha, nope. However I will be running a EPAS unit along with replacing the hydraulic Hicas with an electric version. The EPAS uses an unknown amount of amperage so I'm overcompensating as a precaution. That and I plan on upping the pumps and a few other things. I'm fully aware its overkill but I'd rather have more and not need it, than need more and not have it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the Black Advance high effeciency alternator 150amps, never regret i bought it
I was going to go for that, but everywhere I looked it was selling for over 500USD. The 250A unit I got off ebay was a just over 200. Better price to amps imo.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
Haha, nope. However I will be running a EPAS unit along with replacing the hydraulic Hicas with an electric version. The EPAS uses an unknown amount of amperage so I'm overcompensating as a precaution. That and I plan on upping the pumps and a few other things. I'm fully aware its overkill but I'd rather have more and not need it, than need more and not have it.
Your choice but other cars with EPAS etc seem to live with 100A alternators. Needing 250% more does sound like overkill.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your choice but other cars with EPAS etc seem to live with 100A alternators. Needing 250% more does sound like overkill.
I'll stick with the 250 for now and keep and eye on things, if I can work with less then I'll just do that. Either way I appreciate the feedback and will definitely make notes available once this is all done, that way folks can see how it turns out and perhaps make more comfortable choices biased on the info provided.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts