GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fog light doesn’t work due to a faulty Body Control Module (BCM). In order to replace it I’m told I need a BCM with a set of keys and locks (for driver's door and under passenger's feet lock for the boot lid). I’ll then need to reprogram it at an NHPC for it to work with the rest of the car.

Does anyone have experience with this? I found some used BCM’s on eBay but without keys or locks. I assume this would make it pointless to buy them?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Nissan's own tech docs don't mention anything about replacing locks (just copying the settings from old BCM to new BCM, followed by a NATS initialisation).

The locks are mechanical and have no bearing on the BCM and its electronic programming.

Even the intelligent keys aren't tied to a BCM per se but can be programmed to work with any car and any BCM.

Who's telling you that you need to replace the locks??

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the feedback! Yes I got the info from Nissan. My fog light wasn***8217;t working, they checked the cause and concluded it was due to a faulty BCM. No other issues as far as I can tell. Takamo I***8217;ll give you a call later today. Thanks again!

·
Vendor
1,825 Posts
Nissan techs will not have a clue with used parts.

I have just been through the same on a Land Rover and there***8217;s a realistic chance you can do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts