GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all can you fit the MPSS***8217;4s with the NO code to your Gtr? Or are they Porsche only

·
Ooo Matron !
2,101 Posts
The problem is that Porsche wheels are actually not round, they are slightly oval in shape. Therefore, if you own a Porsche you must make sure you buy oval shaped tyres. And because the tyres are oval, they will not fit your GT-R because the GT-R has round wheels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what that***8217;s all about. It***8217;s a genuine question as mitchelin have said not to fit them to my Gtr.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,101 Posts
Not sure what that’s all about. It’s a genuine question as mitchelin have said not to fit them to my Gtr.
Christ on a bike.

Okay, the serious answer is:

You can fit either the normal (for want of a better word) or the N0 (Porsche) tyres to whatever car you like.

There are a number of differences between the N0 and normal as follows:

The wet grip on the normal tyre has an A rating (the N0 is B). For fuel efficiency, the normal tyre is C (the N0 is E). (where A is better).

The tyre compound is different (hence the ratings above). The side wall on the N0 is also stiffer than the normal tyres, and some GTR owners prefer this.

Also, I found (because I had 4 MPS4s's fitted 3 weeks ago as it happens), the normal ones are cheaper than the N0 by around £100 for the 4.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Not sure what that***8217;s all about. It***8217;s a genuine question as mitchelin have said not to fit them to my Gtr.
As the N# tyres are developed for Porsche & the K# tyres developed for Ferrari, I believe that Michelin can only recommend those tyres for that particular brand. As John & Snuffy say, the N# derivative tyres are fine on the GTR ...

·
Registered
206 Posts
In a nutshell there is no issue fitting NO spec tyres to the gtr, they have stiffer sidewalls apparently and regarding the fuel rating I doubt you***8217;ll notice that on a gtr lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts