GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking through the Nissan EPC online and think I've found the parts I'll need to replace when glass and seals are removed for painting the car. Just wanting to check I've got my list correct.

Front Window...

I'm thinking I'll need; 72825, 72810 & 72616?

Rear Window...

79810, 79616 & 79825?

Boot...

84806?

Front Window (Upper seals)...

78859, 78860, 76812 & 76813?

Front Door (Lower seals)...

80830, 80831, 80820 & 80821?

I think I've covered the lot there, the rear quarter windows aren't listing any seals, just a complete glass & clips. Anybody think I've missed any seals and mouldings, or included something unnecessary?
I'll worry about clips when the time comes, as you never know if they'll snap or not.

Parts were found here - ???????? ?? Nissan ???????? ? ?????? BNR32 - ????????

Help is greatly appreciated, I'd hate to order all this stuff and it be wrong!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm very interested to know how much all that comes too as I will be getting my R32 body redone when I come home from overseas and if its having new paint it really needs new seals etc.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't need to order new seals as window fitters fit universal ones which are just as good.
Have you seen them fitted? There's pictures in Ron's Winfield GTR thread...

For me personally I think they ruin the look of the car, far too bulky. Hence wanting the OEM ones.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it doesn't look right it'll annoy me. It's OEM or nothing in this instance, otherwise I know what will happen, I'll end up selling up, which is a total waste of money on paint then.

All I want to know is if those are the right bits or if I've missed anything/included something not required so I can price it all up and make my decision from there.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Its not. Did my front and rear screen trims last year when my car was painted.
The parts you've numbered are the right bits but they're not the Nissan part numbers as such. Front and rear trims are still available from Nissan UK and at the time were cheaper than than new kits from traders on here.
Not keen on the aftermarket seals. They don't look at all like the originals and de-value the car IMHO.

The rear quarter windows are trickier. The seal comes with the glass and one side is NLA from Nissan UK but still available in Japan. I didn't bother with them in the end as they age quite well.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I've got the part numbers anyway, those are just the catalogue numbers.

What's the crack with the rear quarters if they are defunct? A whole unit?

·
Registered
467 Posts
[QUOTE

What's the crack with the rear quarters if they are defunct? A whole unit?[/QUOTE]

The rear quarterlight glass's are encapsulated so you will need to either remove and refit the current windows or order new ones.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have replaced most everything, front and rear inner and outer as well as the upper door rubber seating only have the lower door rubbers to change and if I could get my hands on the quarter glass seals I would change that as well but I don't think that is an option.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I'd love to see some prices on the window trims too :thumbsup:
I need a rear one for my 32 aswell but my local Nissan dealer is useless in supplying anything GTR related :(

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
just FYI NiSSAN are treating these cars as classics, so therefore (in japan now) the prices are increasing rapidly for nissan OEM parts

example - front splitters have now doubled in price from Nissan Japan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gaz, how are you getting on with the parts. Have you managed to source the parts yet? I'm doing the same. Trying to source all the parts before the respray. Can you point us in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts