GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock system as we know, is a bit of a spaghetti mess of tubes winding under the intake plenum, around the back of the engine, and over to the wastegates on the other side.

I need to replumb my Apexi boost solenoid as the guy who installed it just stuck it in the stock position. The Apexi setup is quite simple - one end to a vacuum source (the intake), the other end directly to the wastegates.

So I'm thinking, install a new nipple on the black pipe immediately before the plenum (thought about drilling right into the plenum but the rubber pipe looks sturdy enough. So that'll be my vacuum end. And then I just need to run a tube to a junction in the wastegate tubing before the T-pipe and then somehow attach the rubber hose to that thin metal piping (any clever ways of doing that?)

As far as the remaining stock tubing (two attachments under the intake plenum, and the part where I intercept the wastegate tubing), will I need to seal that off, plug the holes in some way?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
By Vacuum source I assume you mean boost source?

Use the nipple provided on the underside, rear of plenum, near to brake booster. Take this to Apexi solenoid. Take the pipe you pulled off the nipple and extend this to the other side of the Apexi solenoid. Pung up the two std solenoid pipes. Done.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and if I understand this correctly, all of this can be done without pulling off the intake pipes or removing the intake plenum to access all of this? because that's what an "expert" (the only Apexi installer in town) told me it'd take.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The stock system as we know, is a bit of a spaghetti mess of tubes winding under the intake plenum, around the back of the engine, and over to the wastegates on the other side.

thats nothing,i had to re do my rx-7 its called the rats nest.

anyway,good luck

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
By Vacuum source I assume you mean boost source?

Use the nipple provided on the underside, rear of plenum, near to brake booster. Take this to Apexi solenoid. Take the pipe you pulled off the nipple and extend this to the other side of the Apexi solenoid. Pung up the two std solenoid pipes. Done.
There is your answer. Just one connection off the plenum.The standard piping is just a loop off this to the turbos and back.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Piece of p!ss really as the boys above have explained.

May take some perseverence (sp) to remove the pipe off the plenum, but once done the rest is a doddle.

Just remeber to unplug the stock solenoid and tape the connector, and also block the existing pipework for the original solenoid

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, just having some trouble figuring out which pipe off the plenum is the correct one. I'll try to snap a pic of the rear of the plenum - there are at least 3 or 4 things sticking out of that thing :p

It may well just be easier to install a new nipple in the flexible pipe just before the intake plenum, and then try to get a hose onto the metal tubing after the wastegate pipes join together. I'll have to seal off the two original connections and the other end of the steel pipe where I'd cut in.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
The pipe is the last pipe (smallest one) one right towards the bulkhead.

You will need a nipple to use on the pipe you take off the plenum and then a new length of pipe up to the solenoid

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pipe is the last pipe (smallest one) one right towards the bulkhead.

You will need a nipple to use on the pipe you take off the plenum and then a new length of pipe up to the solenoid
exactly the navigation info I needed, thanks :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts