GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just had an email offering more again, this time £38,570. That's after it has been seen in person (as above). So the advice seems to be to not accept the first offer.
Wow, that’s strong money.
What mileage is yours?
I have a very clean 2010 premium in DMG with 23k on the clock.

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sure, 37k on the miles. Its a black edition. 1 prev owner, services every 6 months etc. From what I've learnt any bodywork or interior changes leads to less money and, as expected, the closer to original spec the better. Give yours a go and make sure you get WBAC to check it over so you get a genuine offer. The website ones are conditional on a full inspection and they use that to knock money off wherever they can (however small an issue) when they have the car in front of them. Let us know how you get on (y)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sure, 37k on the miles. Its a black edition. 1 prev owner, services every 6 months etc. From what I've learnt any bodywork or interior changes leads to less money and, as expected, the closer to original spec the better. Give yours a go and make sure you get WBAC to check it over so you get a genuine offer. The website ones are conditional on a full inspection and they use that to knock money off wherever they can (however small an issue) when they have the car in front of them. Let us know how you get on (y)
Thanks
Mine has lots of carbon, inside and out. Is a Litchfield stage 1 with annual services less than 2k apart! Embarrassingly dry use only.

·
Vendor
3,391 Posts
You’ll get nothing of them for aftermarket bits, that said what there paying is more than you’ll get messing with a low baller on the drive for an hour.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
2016 37k Offered Me £46,750 last week had email offers gone up email yesterday not opened it yet, did not tell them its just had bellhousing, gearbox circlips, Alcon brakes

But They ent having it and the suns out

·
R35 Section manager
11,190 Posts
Thanks
stage 1 with less than 2k apart! Embarrassingly dry use only.

Same as mine was except it was serviced every 6 months. Tried to keep it out the rain as much as possible and wouldn't use it if it was wet

·
Registered
294 Posts
I paid £42k for my October 2010 car over eight years ago - WBAC have offered £37,500 for it, which seems like pretty reasonable depreciation! It's an 'M16' special edition so might be worth a bit more sold privately; I don't think WBAC would know what that was...
I've toyed with selling it but can't ever come up with anything else I want (that I can afford). Would love a new Bayside Blue GTR but can't really justify the extra cost when there's nothing wrong with mine and I only do 2-3000 miles a year in it!

·
Ooo Matron !
2,335 Posts
I've been counting the number of emails WBAC have seen my since I put mine in; 6 after the initial one.

Today they emailed and said it's now worth £40k.
They have now emailed and said it's £39k.

I reckon they are trying to be clever here.

So first offer : £39.5k

Second offer : £40k

Third offer : £39k

Oo-oo-oo, Mr Peevly - quick, quiock, prices are coming down, snap it up now !!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a peek on auto trader and couldn't believe how much prices have gone up.

I bought my 14 plate GTR (one owner, £70k miles) May last year for £36.5K (haggled £500 of the asking price)

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I put my 18 plate on to see what they would offer. Believe it or not £67700 I only paid £80k 3 and a bit years ago thats good.
I put my Mclaren 570s which I bought 14 months ago to see, and they offered £800 less than I paid for it from a dealer!!
I have also sold them an Isuzu twin cab 67 plate £16800, insane prices but it must end soon so if you want rid do it now

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Wont do that its an very nice car. love the thump in the back at 4k revs and cornering for a standard car is superb. Need to get it on a track really. The thing about the gtr is its so good at most things on a track apart from its weight and with standard suspension you will always get oversteer. Overheat tyres your done

·
Super Moderator
16,034 Posts
I’d love a Mac but too many horror stories.

·
Vendor
3,391 Posts
There’s been a couple of interviews with cap on tv regarding pricing, I strongly believe wbac are offering decent money, for how long who know’s but I don’t see private sales been anywhere near wbac for a large percentage of cars.

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
If a private sale isn't on or near what WBAC offer then I would be thinking what's wrong with the car. I mean, if you can't get WBAC to buy it (and that would yield you more money) why wouldn't you?

·
Vendor
3,391 Posts
Wbac is based on an average of auction results not private sales.

I bet you can search autotrader and such likes and enter car details in wbac and get stronger money.
Buy from trader and sell to wbac👍

21 - 40 of 81 Posts