GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Ooo Matron !
2,335 Posts
Trev, if you buy anything at the right price its value. Nobody buys a new mclaren as the depreciation is savage I think they are leased or pcp. By second hand, happy days and its a great car. As for WBAC you get rid straight away no aggro for a fair price. If you want the world and a million time wasters coming to your house to get 2/3k more carry on, and best of luck
It's the same reason I've always (bar once) traded my car in. It's just saves time and effort, around, it's job done there and then. Yes, of course the dealer is making money, but then I don't work for nothing either.

·
Registered
151 Posts
They definetly are but theres no doubt that most cars are too. Ive a 2019 530e m sport plus. I bought it the middle of last year and now dealers are offering me the same price now as what i paid for it and lets be honest, most bmws depreciate pretty badly!

·
Registered
26,460 Posts
just check the piston heads thread that’s been running since lockdown 1 on this exact subject

nearly all cars on way up, just gets bit more extreme top end in many cases

so long as you got what you wanted

buying a replacement you still face the same issue

·
Registered
459 Posts
It took WBAC 30 mins to go through my TE. They picked up some damage to the wheels and an area where they thought the paint had been redone which I wasn't aware of. They suggested a reduction but added £450 for my Ghost. Overall I was very happy with the net £66,800 and sold it.

·
Super Moderator
16,034 Posts
I think nowadays I wouldn't sell a GTR privately from home unless the person was known to me or other people (like a regular forum user). Far too many dodgy geezers about who might visit later!

·
R35 Section manager
11,190 Posts
I think nowadays I wouldn't sell a GTR privately from home unless the person was known to me or other people (like a regular forum user). Far too many dodgy geezers about who might visit later!
I sold mine privately but took it to a carpark and parked it under the cctv.
I didn't want the buyer viewing the car where it was stored as most thefts seems to happen at a later date.

As it happens the buyer was a really good guy and understood the situation.

·
Registered
459 Posts
When I sold my previous GTR in 2019, I put it on the Forum and had a relatively new member offer to buy it. I arranged a viewing at Middlehurst and asked for a copy of his passport and driving licence and a few other details to confirm his identity before he collected the car from my home. Genuine buyers won't object. I would not allow a viewing or collection without taking these steps.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I've sold 4 cars privately in recent years 2 of which were modified. 3 cars sold to the first person who turned up and 1 to the second person. All strangers.

So luckily I have had hassle free experience of private sales.

I do live in the sticks which may help filter out the tyre kickers.

Reactions: TREG

·
Vendor
3,391 Posts
There’s nothing wrong with selling private at all, using a broker just gives a couple more options which may help with the sale.

Ability to finance the car and a relationship with a warranty company, not deal breakers for sure but an advantage from my view point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve sold all of my Preformance cars in the past privately and never had a issue. One thing I did have to do at the beginning of the week is call my insurance company as I only insured the car for 40k when purchased last year where as now they are going for a lot more so I’ve had to increase the value of the car.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I’ve sold all of my Preformance cars in the past privately and never had a issue. One thing I did have to do at the beginning of the week is call my insurance company as I only insured the car for 40k when purchased last year where as now they are going for a lot more so I’ve had to increase the value of the car.
I assume you don't live in a big city ?

·
Ooo Matron !
2,335 Posts
One thing I did have to do at the beginning of the week is call my insurance company as I only insured the car for 40k when purchased last year where as now they are going for a lot more so I’ve had to increase the value of the car.
Have you got an agreed value policy then ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It’s not about city to city. I was just saying that the valve of them has gone up since buying mine back in November last year. If you have insured your car for 40k and something was to happen they would only pay 40k as that’s what you insured it for even let’s say if it was now worth 45k

·
Ooo Matron !
2,335 Posts
Well, there you are then.

I would have thought most GT-R owners would have had a normal policy given the ages of the car, but maybe not then.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts