GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new, so please don't crucify me!

I have a 98 R33, which is losing the lacquer topcoat, mainly from the roof, but also on the bonnet and boot. I've tried to email a couple of places for a ballpark figure, but nobody seems to want the work (or can't be arsed replying). I appreciate it'll depend on type of paint etc., but, I'm just after an idea of costs. Also, any experience (and costs) with wrapping would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what a blow over is - is that like a partial respray (i.e the outside shell?). I had just been thinking about the exterior, just to protect the car, and to spruce it up a bit. I'm not really thinking anything too wild (just because I assume the costs would rocket?)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Get in touch with Dave Warrener from the GTR shop on the forum ,just had a load of work done by him,top quality spray job,Dave gave me estimate from photos that I sent to him and you will be surprised at there rates,and Dave travelled down to london to pick up my car and drop back to london for very reasonable bucks,you would be very happy with there work, they also know the cars inside out which is a plus,I can't rate there work enough

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
JTJUDGE is a haggis muncher and he had a respray recently that looked decent and didn't break the bank. Worth speaking with him.

;)

Mike
Scot's are tight with their cash come to think of it so am I :chuckle: so best shop around and depends on the quality of the finish. Bob at Zealou5 does a good job drop him a PM.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Prices will vary from each body shop, but make sure you go with one who are reccomended and try and have a look at their work before hand.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was quoted 3k for a respray with windows taken out, doors, bumpers, bonnet and tailgate removed by the guys that do all our paintwork.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Without working anything out or seeing the car, we'd probably be looking in the ballpark of £4.5k including materials, exterior only but all ancillaries removed. Also bear in mind quality and therefore cost of paint varies significantly, we're be looking around the £800 mark for paint, (in base and clear).
Our work background is classic vehicle restoration and custom paintwork, we do not and will not do accident repair work, so our costs reflect this, crash repair bodyshops will be substantially cheaper.

This isn't a trading post just an informed, experienced reply.

Alex B

1 - 15 of 15 Posts