GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Well after owning my MY09 for over 4 years from New i'v taken the plunge & had it pretty much completely Re-Sprayed. It was in very good condition after 30000 miles but it was just those nasty stone chips bugging me.

So. Complete front end (inc splitter etc). Both sides all the way to the back. Rear
Spoiler, Back Bumper.

She looks better than when I picked it up from new. Well pleased.

All thanks to Steve at Dragontek. They all worked very hard last week removing all bumpers etc. Bit scary seeing it in pieces mid week but its all back together perfectly.

If anyone needs his services. Don't hesitate.

Pics to follow !!

Dave

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Fantastic news mate and certainly food for thought for me. I too have some nasty chips. Thought about a wrap but I have too many chips for that lol.

If poss can you pm me the rough price. Oh and get those pics up :smokin:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Any pictures ?

·
Super Moderator
15,533 Posts
/cynical comment

Just a thread to post up an advertising link isn't allowed. If you're going to report on good service, pictures and price are pretty much required.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just food for thought - have you thought about wrapping your car in a Clear Vinyl on top of the paint job - This is just to protect it from stone chips otherwise in another 3 - 4 years you may need another respray kind of like a circle. A couple of guys had their cars clear wrapped and they swear by it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pics will follow when I get time to take some of it when its been cleaned !!

Been away all weekend so busy. The price. Well everyones asking but I think it would be unfair to state as the guy that did the work might not want to do others at that price. But yes what I had done was less than a good wrap I would say. Only the front lowers were done as the side & back lowers were fine.

Now if your expecting perfection from a respray then think carefully. Im well happy with my car as it looks like new again. When our cars were new they were painted prob by a robot in a factory with fresh panels etc. When you have work done at a body shop its done by a human that has to fill and prepare the panels etc before spraying it. I suppose I was wrong to say "better than when I picked it up new" but In my opinion my car has been done to the best a bodyshop can do. Even when I got it from new there were some very slight imperfections. Yes if you look very very carfully you will find some things but its either put up with all the battle scars & stone chips or get it resprayed by a pro to the best of his ability. Now i'm quite a fussy git and iv got very good eye sight so I spot everything.

I'll try and put some pics up soon although it wont look any different than before as it was mint but with a few chips here and there. Obviously your not going to see the paint close up in any pics on here.

Im chuffed any way.

Dave

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right these are the only ones iv got at the moment which were quick ones taken with my iphone after I picked it up. Didn't really want to put these on as it needs a good polish :smokin: but if it keeps people happy.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just food for thought - have you thought about wrapping your car in a Clear Vinyl on top of the paint job - This is just to protect it from stone chips otherwise in another 3 - 4 years you may need another respray kind of like a circle. A couple of guys had their cars clear wrapped and they swear by it.
Personally I think the clear vinyl looks rubbish and you cant polish any scratches out that you pick up. Im happy to just get the front end resprayed every 2/3 years. You cant beat the pure paint look. I may carbon wrap the front splitter as I did it before & it looked great.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Did you not want the front to be the same colour as the rest of the car? ;)

Just kidding, it does look good from the photos.
Is the guy someone you know then that gave you mates rates? seems like he has a lot of potential customers on here so might be worth him coming on here to add his services?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looks like a nice job...but personally Id be pout off buying a car that has had a lot of paintwork....would make me think the car has a hidden past, or a hard life.....that's why I'll stick with my wrap for now, although I agree that paint cannot be beaten from a looks perspective...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts