GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just considering all my options at moment.

Car is DMG colour, currently wrapped in Oyster Peal (White).

Prior to the wrap my bonnet was pretty messed from track days and events, front bumper chipped from the same. I'd obtained a mark on the rear quarter as well.

At some point in the future I'll need all this sorting although I'm considering a colour change.

My concern! I've learned in the past pay cheap pay twice (in fact even more to rectify the first persons cocks ups).

I've also learned that pay premium doesn't mean you get a decent job either for certain.

So wondering if anyone can recommend decent garages that could take apart a GT-R to do a full respray (anywhere in UK) and if possible any examples of the work they've carried out for me to read remarks on.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant thanks!

Will probably give them a call to see how confident they are in taking apart a GT-R firstly.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
whats the price of a respray roughly? say If I wanted the new 2014 vermillion red?

thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just considering all my options at moment.

Car is DMG colour, currently wrapped in Oyster Peal (White).

Prior to the wrap my bonnet was pretty messed from track days and events, front bumper chipped from the same. I'd obtained a mark on the rear quarter as well.

At some point in the future I'll need all this sorting although I'm considering a colour change.

My concern! I've learned in the past pay cheap pay twice (in fact even more to rectify the first persons cocks ups).

I've also learned that pay premium doesn't mean you get a decent job either for certain.

So wondering if anyone can recommend decent garages that could take apart a GT-R to do a full respray (anywhere in UK) and if possible any examples of the work they've carried out for me to read remarks on.
Robbie at VM uses a very good painter. His quality is among the best I have seen.

I had the full front end painted, "A" pillars forward and it was perfect. Not cheap but very very good.

Satan

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would imagine a properly done full respray is in the region of £4k and over?

Might be wrong though...

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
£4k for a full respray and you've had your pants pulled down, regardless of the car (with super/hypercar and special paint exceptions).

·
Registered
206 Posts
£4k for a full respray and you've had your pants pulled down, regardless of the car (with super/hypercar and special paint exceptions).
I would say 4K for a 'colour change respray' is great value. I would be worried about what I was going to get for less than that to change the colour on a GTR. There is masses of work to do it properly.

·
Vendor
2,987 Posts
How about this?

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153073901497841" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153073901497841">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/knightracer">Knight-Racer Ltd</a>.</div></div>

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Agreed.
But there is no shortage of people that will pass the work onto someone else and add their commssion on.

My advice would be to find a good place and use them direct.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay thanks I might drop him a message or give him a call, guessing Marco is the chap to speak to there then and it's pleasing they've done a GT-R so at least I know they know the way around roughly as the CBA is easier to take apart anyway than the DBA.

Can I be rude and ask your first name so if I give him a call I can say I was interested at a respray and 'x' put you forward as a recommended place.

·
Registered
425 Posts
They're traders on skylineowners , always have some big projects on the go . they did a 334 skyline with a twist , sure the project is on here somewhere

1 - 19 of 19 Posts