GTR Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,915 Posts
Nice work on the gate as well - have you powered it or left it manual?

Simon

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Hi David nice to see updates. the bolts came out nice. did you zinc plate your self ?
i missed your last few post this covid thing re arranged my life.
Thankyou, I am one of the lucky ones my kids just returned to school, up to that point work was crazy I was looking after the kids in the morning then working a full day and often finishing at 1am.
It's good to be back to a "new normal"

Yes the bolts were plated myself, I was already to have a local company plate them when lockdown hit. I didn't want to break lock down and to be honest was not very impressed with the companies attitude so bought myself a plating kit. Which I am now getting quite good at using. That picture is box 1 of 3 of bolts complete so far.

As there is interest I'll add some more pictures and if your interested I can show the plating process

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Nice update. I'd love to put a 20V head on my SR22 bottom end :)

There was an interesting post from E&H Motors Pukekohe the other day about a custom VVL + VCT (S14/15 VCT sprocket on VVL inlet cam) conversion the other day.
I am really interested to get the engine running, to be honest I have had some big issues with this engine. Starting with the crank clearances from Nissan being so small you can't plastigauge them, then the ARP mains distorting the block. Then I had the guides changed and after reaming they were worse than before, so had them changed again, changed machine shop, had the guides honed individually to size. Then found all the exhaust valves have a tiny bend in the head all 0.5-1.5mm bent.

I am now waiting for a set of uprated exhaust valves from Maxworks, then I expect the guides will need honing again (as they will be too small) then I can fit the head and get it running. Hopefully my APW top mount setup should arrive this week aswell.

I would love a 2.2

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thankyou, I am one of the lucky ones my kids just returned to school, up to that point work was crazy I was looking after the kids in the morning then working a full day and often finishing at 1am.
It's good to be back to a "new normal"

Yes the bolts were plated myself, I was already to have a local company plate them when lockdown hit. I didn't want to break lock down and to be honest was not very impressed with the companies attitude so bought myself a plating kit. Which I am now getting quite good at using. That picture is box 1 of 3 of bolts complete so far.

As there is interest I'll add some more pictures and if your interested I can show the plating process
absolutely mate. I would like to see how you got the bolts plated. Which kit did you get to get the job done ?
looking forward to more updates

·
Registered
478 Posts
More info on the playing kit / process and any modifications you made to whatever you ordered.

you’ve done a really good job there mate, they look fantastic.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts