GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally sorted out my dodgy idling after ages of wondering what it was and few tuners could not pin point it either. I had changed the inlet gaskets and the problem was still persistent, I even adjusted the butterflies on all the throttles.

The offending part (a hairline split, due to age)was a boostpipe that runs from the black box mounted on the bulkhead past the back of the cylinder head. The car is boosting so much better now.

So if anyone has a similar problem check all your boost pipes before spending money on gaskets etc.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
good stuff!

a mate of mine got a 200sx a few years back and gave me a call out of the blue, asking if i had any idea what his problem might be.
he described the symptoms, which in his words were " it makes a massive clunk every couple of minutes and the revs shoot up by a few hundred rpm on idle".
This was after 2 months of ownership, and yep, you guessed it, he had the windscreen blowers on and it was his AC kicking in :D

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Do you know where this boost pipe goes to from that sensor on the bulkhead?

My one had a hairline crack from that sensor to the inlet side, for the gauge reading. Common problem on the '34.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Mine still does it and I put Samco hoses on everywhere. It's nowhere near as bad now as Robbie at TDP remapped the Apexi to stop it going cracker when it starts it - only jumps up and down by 100rpm now instead of the old way doing 600rpm wobbles :( - some day I will find the problem!

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Il try and take a pic of mine and post it. Mine jumped from 1000 to 1200 and sometimes as high as 1400.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
What does it sit at now then...?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I know that pipe intimately. It's the one that if removed proves almost impossible to re-attach to the back of the head (if you've got fat fingers). Someone gave me a genius bit of advice to use a little washing up liquid to ease it on. It just meant that (as well as being a very tight gap, fat fingers, unable to see what I was doing) it all got very slippy and even more difficult:chuckle:

Skyline engine bays were designed with child labour in mind :chuckle::flame:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Leaking dumpvalves also cause the same prob ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.