GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Qualified 26th in a field of 31. Dropped out of the race due to mechanical failure and finished 24th.

World Challange result: http://www.world-challenge.com/events/raceresults.php?ID=90

I want to say congrats Igor Sushko from the Automotive Forum for it's U.S. road racing debute. Not bad tho consider mechanical failure, almost stock N1, new team and a rookie driver. I'm sure they had fun! :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
We encountered countless issues early on and had an extremely limited amount of time to setup the car prior to race. We are definately feeling good about racing in this series though - next race is only 2 weeks away - a tight 1.8 mile St. Petersburg street course with Indy Racing League.

The excitement around the paddock was phenomenal, hundreds of people told me that they came to Sebring to see the GT-R race, and it seems everyone already knew of us from the press releases being circulated around. The power of internet.

You won't believe the power these cars are pushing. Lots of Corvettes and Vipers blew up, which makes you wonder - how much does an 8.3 liter engine have to output power-wise to be stressed enough not to finish a 50 minute race?

Viper's got a 36,000 mile warranty on a 510hp/535ft-lbs stock engine.
The series is rated at 400-550 hp, depending on weight.

My math skills tell me this is a 1 = 0.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Well done Igor, and good luck for 2 weeks time.:)
I'm sure the niggly problems will sort themselves out and you will have some glory soon. Good to see the GTR legend still so popular amongst the racing fans

·
Registered
630 Posts
Keep us posted of results - some more pics & vids would be Cool too :D

Good Luck :)

Rog

·
Registered
771 Posts
Excellent ! you scored points aswell - hope it all goes better, mechanically, at the next race.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts