GTR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts
But all the banter also got me thinking. Runways and cones are one thing, but what about on a proper circuit?

The Snett day on 9th November would be an ideal opportunity to keep this argument going...

Sam, Simon (Hew Jundies) and I have already had a good tear up together at silverstone and it was great fun

What time do you think Jim would knock off round the sprint course going to 888s Sam?
My Federals were sh1te. I have used 888's, A048R's, ZZRs, DZ03s etc but these are sh1te. Bit more wear and I will put my Michelins on:cool:

Really wish I had brought the slicks!

Bit disappointed with 5th place but as my last run (or slide) showed I was having a play and not driving particularly smoothly. Best to find out what the car does or does not do on an airfield rather than a track.

First things I used to remove from my cars were RWS and Aircon. Still have both on this car. Rear wheel steer seems better on an R33 than an R32 as does the tail out.

Brilliant this event is generating so much chat a week on. I am still buzzing from it and was watching my launch at work today again in full volume mode!

Well done Stan and Martin for bringing us all together for such a good time!

But all the banter also got me thinking. Runways and cones are one thing, but what about on a proper circuit?

The Snett day on 9th November would be an ideal opportunity to keep this argument going...

Sam, Simon (Hew Jundies) and I have already had a good tear up together at silverstone and it was great fun
ahem, I was thinking the MLR sprint series! Don't really want to compete again but last weekend has got me thinking as has a chat with Darin and Mechell.

My Federals were sh1te. I have used 888's, A048R's, ZZRs, DZ03s etc but these are sh1te. Bit more wear and I will put my Michelins on:cool:
I went Pilot Sport Cups last year and really rate them against other tyres i've used. Got cup 2s now but first time in anger was the showdown so not been able to compare lap times on the logger

I went Pilot Sport Cups last year and really rate them against other tyres i've used. Got cup 2s now but first time in anger was the showdown so not been able to compare lap times on the logger
Mine are in my lockup but I think they are Sport Cups off a porsche. Got them second hand from a very nice lady from Aberdeen.:cool: Always wanted to try Michelins.

ahem, I was thinking the MLR sprint series! Don't really want to compete again but last weekend has got me thinking as has a chat with Darin and Mechell.
Good option, but say 3 laps of a full circuit with a bit for both types of car - like snett, with big straights and fast corners aswell as some twisties - would be different again to a sprint. Plus not be dependent on a mega launch being acheived

Just some videos from me

R32 GTR 480BHP VS Stage 4 (620BHP)

Now in this one I didn't launch just rev'd to 4500rpm and as you can see the 35 just walked away!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3YKU7yWUDQ

Now..... Had two other runs one stage 4 and this monster! As you can see I just about stuck with them, they were both head by 1000m and if this was a mile they would pull away easy!! but just shows how well a launched 480HP 32 can be :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K818_9qg8eE&feature=youtu.be

Same run different angle:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENf6Q-1LUio

Epic fun!!! I need more power!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: git-r and jps
Just some videos from me

R32 GTR 480BHP VS Stage 4 (620BHP)

Now in this one I didn't launch just rev'd to 4500rpm and as you can see the 35 just walked away!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3YKU7yWUDQ

Now..... Had two other runs one stage 4 and this monster! As you can see I just about stuck with them, they were both head by 1000m and if this was a mile they would pull away easy!! but just shows how well a launched 480HP 32 can be :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K818_9qg8eE&feature=youtu.be

Same run different angle:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENf6Q-1LUio

Epic fun!!! I need more power!!!!!!!!!!
Rob, they were close runs; I enjoyed the day immensly

-sorry mate didn't read your post properly!

Gospel:cool:

Team Skyline Vs Team GTR.

As with the Ryder cup, Jordan Spieth maybe World number one and possibly score 5 points - but its a TEAM game and Europe usually win.

Therefore, as a total impartial reporter, I have carefully analyzed the results and the TEAM SCORES are in!

Using the F1 points system (25, 18, 15, 12, 10 & 8)

SPRINT COURSE.

GTR Team:- 25 + 12 = 37 points. (Well done to Huw Jundies in a stock GTR)

Team Mighty Skyline:- 18 + 15 + 10 = 43 points.

GYMKHANA COURSE.

(slight position correction as CT17 / R34 where 5th with a 40.4, Sorry Ifty you are now 6th with a 40.7)

GTR Team:- 12 + 8 = 20 (twenty) points.

Team Mighty Skyline:- 25 + 18 + 15 + 10 = 68 points. (3 x 20 + 8)

Therefore....... It's a clear 2 - 0 Win to the TMS and the R33 is the fastest Skyline.

:chuckle:

Enjoyed it too Rob. What were you racing in the last video? Can't see anything creating by lol
Cheers mate it was great fun! The last video was the inside view of the middle video which I believe was Johns 800hp monster :)

;)

Great vid's Rob :)

Why didn't you get on track more?!
Tbh it's the first time I've done that sort of thing (normally tracks) and I was also enjoying having a chat with the other guys their setups. The other thing I'm still running hicas and it's great on track but when your being aggressive with the car it doesn't like it and takes a bit of getting use too.

Next time I'm going to get it locked out and bring my track wheels and tyres.

Rob, they were close runs; I enjoyed the day immensly
Yeah it was great have to have a run against you next time :)

Is anyone on here a Wizz with Googledocs? Martin has sent me the files and despite me turning sharing on etc, I can't get them to embed as they should.

Anoyone use GD a lot and willing to help?

Mike

What's stock torque out if interest on a 35? My 33 has got 430lb
Here ya go fella!:)

Not the best pictures (granted) but this standard 542bhp R35 allowed me to directly compare its performance with my much older 520bhp R33, Even our Torque outputs were similar(ish) with the heavy R35 having a slightly larger 465lbsft V's my lighter cars 430lbsft. Nissan lies about its true vehicle weights as my Non V-Spec Import R33 is 1655kgs, God only knows if the R35 is actaully the claimed 1740kgs but again the online performance calculator says that the New R35's 311.5bhp/Tonne performance is unbelievably close to my Old R33's 314.4bhp/Tonne power output.
I posted that lot on here :-

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/380298-so-600hp-gtr-faster-then-600hp-skyline-gtr-3.html

HTH!:)

Ah there it is! So actually fairly similar!
Yup! I guess that personally I was expecting far too much from the standard R35 Jimbostir. Newer technology, much larger cylinder capacity, better brakes, faster & easier transmission, etc, etc but at the end of the day an old Skyline GT-R with a similar power output WILL go toe to toe with the newer Nissan GT-R!:chuckle:

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.