GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week or two ago I posted a thread asking about sat nav in the 2009 model ,which it turned out they didn't have. I've happened to read the following on the Top Gear website which reviews a 2010 model. It claims sat nav can be fitted to the 09 models, has anyone done this? I'd like to know where would best and a rough cost if possible:

Now Godzilla is finally on sale in the UK, for £56,800. And the car you see on this page is the 2010 model, upgraded a bit from the original Japanese/US 2009 spec. We'll get to that in a minute. First, it's important to note that the very early cars were not fitted with satnav. Desperate people, chewing on the legs of dining tables, were prepared to do desperate things to get their new GT-Rs, so in April Nissan imported some early 2010 cars without nav. And if you have an early car, you can't retro-fit nav because this whole nav/telemetry unit is closely integrated with the entire car's system.
I'd post a link but I haven't yet reached the dizzy heights of 15 posts.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh! Well this isn't embarrassing ...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes though only if I read it properly of course.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
assuming you are interested in the question, the costs would be between 5 and 10k.

Much easier to sell your car for a sat nav model.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.

I looked into this 4 or more years ago and realised that you'd hit several snags.

You'd need the whole AV unit, screen and cabin loom. You'd then need the wiring diagrams for both the non-nav and nav cars. The non nav are available, I've never seen hide nor hair of any diagrams for the nav cars.

Then you'd have to work out what the canbus signals are on each car and if they're not, your new nav system just won't work, including the engine/trans data.

So given the small price different between non nav and nav cars in the market place compared the cost of the above, I'd give the whole idea a very very wide berth.

I can assure you if it was possible I'd have done it a long time ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts