GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas,
Would you want to go back to other favourite cars after owning the GT-R ?, ie Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo etc. Or, is the GT-R that good. Im in the market now, but cant help asking myself , why there are so many GT-Rs for sale. A lot of them seem to have around 2k miles on them. Are people buying them, and realising they are not as expected, too expensive to run etc, or they would just rather have something else after the experience, hence, returning to cars they had just come from. I understand that servicing and tyre prices are a talking point at the moment, and that there seems to be a brake disc issue, but surely at this price point, the GT-R has to be the ultimate for performance junkies ?. Any thoughts ?, regards, SIMON.

·
Registered
35 Posts
loads of speculators thinking they could flip for an easy profit and caught out. i would wager many people can't now afford to run this (or any other) type of sports car. Personally very happy

·
Registered
765 Posts
loads of speculators thinking they could flip for an easy profit and caught out. i would wager many people can't now afford to run this (or any other) type of sports car. Personally very happy
Excuse me, you are very happy that those unfortunates that have been caught up in the recession now cannot afford to run their cars?.

Your jealous, that what you are :bawling:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Clint,

I think you will probably find that pimlico was "very happy" with his car and nothappy at the unfortunates, thats how i read it.

Regards

Scott

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
My car is the best!! So there. I will never sell it, so don't ask! :)

I'm 41 years old now, and a serial car modifier (retired modifier) for the past 20 years. My R35 is perfect as it is. Besides, a well driven standard car will spank the arse of a 600+bhp straight line divvy! IMHO :)

Get one. Leave it alone, just drive it. Well!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would not swap or sell mine unless I could not afford it . Other than that I take great please is murdering scoobies at traffic light grand prix and spanking the 430s and R8 V10s on track days in a car that cost less than half the ticket price.

AND . . .

To all the 911 Fan Boys that said the new 997 TT was gonna give Porsche their crown back - HA HA HA - Its not as good as you all hoped now it is . . . . See the Datsun still rules.

God I love my car.

Kp

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I would not swap or sell mine unless I could not afford it . Other than that I take great please is murdering scoobies at traffic light grand prix and spanking the 430s and R8 V10s on track days in a car that cost less than half the ticket price.

AND . . .

To all the 911 Fan Boys that said the new 997 TT was gonna give Porsche their crown back - HA HA HA - Its not as good as you all hoped now it is . . . . See the Datsun still rules.

God I love my car.

Kp
lol:D

·
Registered
979 Posts
I certainly wouldnt go back to a 911 after a GTR, its a totally different car imo, GTR is a much better thrills car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Guys I have been lucky enough to have had many porsches, lambos and Ferraris and I can honestly say I am staggered by the GTR..... I have never owned a GTR before and having only owned one for a month I think they are bloody fantastic..... none of my other cars had such explosive performance and filled me with such confidence when I drive it AND THAT IS WHEN ITS STANDARD!!! I am awaiting my custom tune that will be going on over next week or two and dread to think what the performance will be like then.

I also really like the fact that the car has a real underlying respect across the board. I had a white gallardo spyder for a while and although I loved it I always used to feel a bit of a c*ck driving it as some people would be really happy for you and others would look at you and think 'wan*er'

The GTR has more performance, turns just as many heads but seems to get a much better reception. I think anyone who loves cars who overlooks the GTR is mad and the best bit is you can make it faster and better for not a lot of money. If you want more performance from your Ferrari your a bit buggered.

My last point is that the GTR fills me with a very warm feeling that I can pull up to flash Harry in his Ferrari and show him a clean pair of heels...... bloody marvellous!

I love it!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas,
They are all, what i wanted to hear, especially the unprompted reply regarding the 997 turbo, which is where my definition/benchmark of fast lies. I seem to be dragging my heels a little in the respect of jumping in and buying one, which is unusual for me. Perhaps im a little older and wiser than i used to be, but i know i will get one and think, what was i waiting for. Thanks for your opinions, regards, SIMON.:D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Simon

I am 46 and have come from the "baby" Porsche camp. I was really unsure about the Datsun but my gut feeling it was a box I needed to tick. My other option was a new 997 (great car btw) Now I am delighted power is awesome, just looking for a Datsun badge for my rear window........just to rub it in LOL. Take a few test drives, you will be smitten.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Guys I have been lucky enough to have had many porsches, lambos and Ferraris and I can honestly say I am staggered by the GTR..... I have never owned a GTR before and having only owned one for a month I think they are bloody fantastic..... none of my other cars had such explosive performance and filled me with such confidence when I drive it AND THAT IS WHEN ITS STANDARD!!! I am awaiting my custom tune that will be going on over next week or two and dread to think what the performance will be like then.

I also really like the fact that the car has a real underlying respect across the board. I had a white gallardo spyder for a while and although I loved it I always used to feel a bit of a c*ck driving it as some people would be really happy for you and others would look at you and think 'wan*er'

The GTR has more performance, turns just as many heads but seems to get a much better reception. I think anyone who loves cars who overlooks the GTR is mad and the best bit is you can make it faster and better for not a lot of money. If you want more performance from your Ferrari your a bit buggered.

My last point is that the GTR fills me with a very warm feeling that I can pull up to flash Harry in his Ferrari and show him a clean pair of heels...... bloody marvellous!

I love it!
Great post Jase. Couldnt have put it any better. :D

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I've owned some fantastic performance cars over the years (and driven many more), but I have to say that the GT-R is the best of the lot so far.

The glut of low mileage cars on the market at the moment is, as already mentioned, entirely due to speculators off loading them.

I think once the next owners buy them, they will be hanging on to them for a long time...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeh great post Jase.

I feel the gtr is the best car after having owned 996 turbo and M5 amongst others.

I also feel that people seem to give you more respect with the gtr than say compared to Porsche and Bmw

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I think the car hits the nail on the head for performance and afforability, it's also an exhilirating drive as well. However with respect to my age i still have yet to do the Porsche, Lambo etc phase and with that in mind i will eventually try to progress with my cars but thats kind of difficult when you peak so early!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
my curiosity is now piqued, I think I'm going to have to take an R35 for a test drive.

With 700~800bhp kits out, such an R35 would surely run circles around my R32, and do it in far more comfort. To best describe the ride in my car is to refer to the scene in Pulp Fiction where Christopher Walken is describing being in Vietnam - "I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass for two years...."

But I want to see what this car can do stock, see how it stacks up to a modified R32.

·
Registered
110 Posts

I love it!
Couldn't wait any longer then? Who is doing the tune for you?

David.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts