GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am used to having cars where I can put the boot down and bounce them off the rev limited before changing over (poor engine :( )
My R32 has not got a rev limiter and therefore I keep pushing the revs high and I know that this is a bad idea for the engine.
Has anyone got any experience of rev limiters on skylines?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
rev limiter

fit a xpexi power fc and you can set rev limit to whatever
you want it to be.plus many other features.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As far as I am aware, (and I am probably wrong), but the RB26 doesn't like
reving above 8000 without double valve springs etc.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers

Yeti, whoosh...bang exactly. That is what I am trying to avoid.
Keith, what does the power fc do as I have plenty of other gizmos.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Revs v Power

Dave.

As a general rule with the RB26 in a mild state of tune I believe peak power is produced around 7250. This is from our Dyno Days we have had so going to 8000 has no real point to it anyway.

I have had a Power FC fitted by Abbey and yeah the rev limiter does work. Mark set it at 7000 sometime ago and it kicked in sopt on every time. What else it does. Loads. Don't ask me what though. Get the advice of an expert. Plus it looks good with the remote as well :smokin: .

See Ya.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, it is for the R32 and not just the R34 though is it?
Plus not wanting to change direction (I have aa habit of doing this) do you know any details on when you are getting to Santa Pod?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Apexi

As far as I know it is for all models but double-check with Abbey.

Gonna get to the Pod quite early. As you are in Derby you'll be heading fron the North Im take it. I've posted something on the Meetings Pages so see what happens and perhaps we can arrange a meet in their somewhere??

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Seems strange your car has no rev limiter. Tuners usually move it up in the rev range instead of just removing it. Anyway its a good idea to fit one using the devices mentioned.
I know tomei ups the rev limiter to 8500 when fitted with their cams as more power is developed higher up in the range. I try not to bounce off the limiter if can but I believe that it is set at 8250 rpm on the R34...anyway its pointless as it is pretty flat around that number.
Let us know how u get along

1 - 8 of 8 Posts