GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Others may not care but this was a big deal to me.

It ruined phone calls more than anything!

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/163185-my-modification-thread-litchfield-stage-100.html#post2306850

If you want to see video.

Working out details of a kit with Brian, but it looks like it would be most conveniently fitted with a remote start kit when we resolve how to make that work on UK cars.

Only reason is that the plug and play harness is a bit part of the expense of the kit and it isn't cost effective for the reverse beep delete kit alone. I only have one as I have been involved in the testing. I am really chuffed with it though.

In the video you can also get an idea of just how quiet my car is with aftermarket downpipes and the new silent 102mm Litchfield exhaust.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
remote start hit a stumbling block because UK car were missing a signal on the can bus.

Brian has a few work arounds in place, that actually aren't too complex.

Hoping to have something sorted within the next few months. The challenge is to keep the costs reasonable, but one thing is for sure that if you have the remote start, adding reverse beep delete is MUCH easier.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just as an update on the remote start kits for UK/EU cars. We have invested a lot of time and effort and every time we think we have nailed it, something else spoils the fun. The biggest spoiler being that it isn't that the canbus codes are different on the UK cars but rather they aren't even present on the canbus. But I haven't given up, and do expect to crack this because basically I don't like being beaten :)

I have a few ideas that Adam referred to and will experiment on returning to the US after Christmas.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Turn the radio up when in reverse !!! LOL

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Others may not care but this was a big deal to me.

It ruined phone calls more than anything!
That's your most far-fetched justification yet!

a) you don't drive your car enough to have had a lot of phone calls in it
b) how many of those very few calls were made whilst you were reversing?
c) we all know the GT-R's Bluetooth is so rubbish, you can't hear the other person anyway!

:p

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's your most far-fetched justification yet!

a) you don't drive your car enough to have had a lot of phone calls in it
b) how many of those very few calls were made whilst you were reversing?
c) we all know the GT-R's Bluetooth is so rubbish, you can't hear the other person anyway!

:p

David, you met me the day I collected the car with 34 miles. It now has 8300.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
David, you met me the day I collected the car with 34 miles. It now has 8300.
Maybe so but 7500 have been driven by Iain Litchfield.... :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts