GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ooo Matron !
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the infuriating beep-beep noise when you are reversing ? The thing is, I know I'm reversing because: a) I put it in reverse and b) the car is moving backwards. So I don't need a beep-beep to tell me what I already know !

I've had a look thought both manuals and I can't find anything mentioned.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
mine doesnt beep, it only beeps when the parking sensors detect an object to close behind..

·
Ooo Matron !
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have parking sensors on mine but I do have a reversing camera.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
No one's ever thought of this in the last 6 years.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
i wonder why mine doesnt beep then? lol
Probably because the cluster hasn't been replaced under warranty yet.. there was an issue with clusters failing.

goRt said:
No one's ever thought of this in the last 6 years

Reverse bleep can be disabled via a module from a chap in the US (Brian), the same chap that does the camera kits.
Adamantium is/was testing a plugin module on uk cars..

·
Registered
369 Posts
You can get them from Brian at the car kit company. Did mine a few months ago, just wired the module to the back of the OBD11 connector.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I like the reverse beep, one day it might just save your ass when you're chatting on the phone at a red light and subconciously put it into P instead of N. Haha, pull it back one click and shoot into the car behind... yeah very very unlikely I know but that's what it's there for, to help save you from a once in 10 year stupid mistake :)

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
You can get them from Brian at the car kit company. Did mine a few months ago, just wired the module to the back of the OBD11 connector.
Correct.

Speak to litchfields or Sly @ Kaiser.

We confirmed it works in the uk and I think it's available now. We were working on getting a pnp set up with remote start from the stock key that did all in one purchase but my car sale stopped my involvement in the development. Brian and Sly are still working on it the remote start and video input side of things. The reverse beep defeat is available on its own already. Works a treat and in a very clever way that doesn't disable the buzzer that is used for other functions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts