GTR Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
My car has a build date of 2009-10, which could explain it. :)

Yeah , It might. I reckon Nissan only started during 2010 build , but not sure when during the year. Thanks for sharing. Looks like carkitcompany might be your best option. All the best..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I have a complete oem 2011 rear camera kit and front/rear grid line sensors.
My car is a 2009, I wonder if this is plug and play?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a complete oem 2011 rear camera kit and front/rear grid line sensors.
My car is a 2009, I wonder if this is plug and play?

Thats interesting, do you know where they plugged the OEM Camera Kit in ?

The kit needs that plug in the boot to be there to connect with..

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I can take a picture of the 2011 car it was removed from.

I've yet to look at the 2009 boot area to see if the loom is the same or the blank plug is present

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
There's no loom in an 09 non Nav car.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Pretty sure it won't either.

Brian from Car Kit Company and me looked into this years back when he was finalising his rear camera solution. It would have made his kit simpler but there was no loom in any car I checked. Think that included a MY12 if memory serves

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pretty sure it won't either.

Brian from Car Kit Company and me looked into this years back when he was finalising his rear camera solution. It would have made his kit simpler but there was no loom in any car I checked. Think that included a MY12 if memory serves

We have found the loom & plug in a UK , US and an Aus 2011 Build , we also believe some 2010 build have them. I have attached camera to it and it works perfectly. I have also spoken to Brian about it, he said it wasn't worth the cost of his efforts to research & build given the small market of customers with these. When I have finished mounting the camera, I will be documenting the whole project for other owners to use..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
We have found the loom & plug in a UK , US and an Aus 2011 Build , we also believe some 2010 build have them. I have attached camera to it and it works perfectly. I have also spoken to Brian about it, he said it wasn't worth the cost of his efforts to research & build given the small market of customers with these. When I have finished mounting the camera, I will be documenting the whole project for other owners to use..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As Charles Charlie said at the time we did our investigation the plug was not present. It looks like the UK cars may have gotten the plug a little sooner, but for the US market the window between the plug being there in the boot and the camera being an option/standard was very small. Something else that we factored in is that many customers also want to add front camera and that was much easier when used in conjunction with our existing kit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As Charles Charlie said at the time we did our investigation the plug was not present. It looks like the UK cars may have gotten the plug a little sooner, but for the US market the window between the plug being there in the boot and the camera being an option/standard was very small. Something else that we factored in is that many customers also want to add front camera and that was much easier when used in conjunction with our existing kit.
Hi Brian, yeah the way i have done this doesnt make sense if you want to do front camera. Hey , i have put my camera exactly where the Factory camera is positioned, could you share the Gridlines settings for factory camera position for RHD that you had mentioned in another thread ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
The camera from a Nissan Juke plugs right in and works. I just need to extend the cable to make it long enough to fit.

best £35 I ever spent on ebay.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Brian, yeah the way i have done this doesnt make sense if you want to do front camera. Hey , i have put my camera exactly where the Factory camera is positioned, could you share the Gridlines settings for factory camera position for RHD that you had mentioned in another thread ?
If you drop me a PM with your email address and I can send you them. We actually mount our camera more centrally than factory.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I am right compliance plate is sticker on the driver's side door area.
Unfortunately, there's nothing like that in my car.
Hi.. the Factory Compliance plate is in your engine bay. Open hood/bonnet and facing the car on the left there is a small plastic plate that you can unclip, the Compliance plate with Build Month and Year is under that. Have attached photo..

Attachments

121 - 140 of 144 Posts