GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone can point me in the right direction on this one as my proble seems slightly different to others I've found on the internet.

I've got a 59 plate R35 and up until recently when I'm reversing my reversing lights would only come on when the beeper (Proximity Beeper) sounded. Sometimes though this would stay fully on even when I'm not close to anything, or fail to beep when close to something. At the same time as the beep I could hear a relay clicking from behind the carpet panel in the Passenger side boot area. I removed the panel and found 2 relays. 1 relay I now believe to be the Secondary Fuel pump relay, the other one is something to do with the reversing system. I noticed there were dirty contacts and so removed the relay to clean the contacts etc and now put it back together but I get no lights or beep now. If I short the relay out the Reversing Lights come on and beeper sounds continuously. There is no 12v signal to the relay though to make the relay activate. Does anyone know where this 12v signal for the relay to energise come from?

If I can get the relay to activate I can at least have some reversing lights and for now just disconnect the beeper until I have more time. I'm wondering if the signal for this relay comes from the engine management or is there a simple wire going to a switch on the gearbox that may of come loose / switch gone faulty?

I am an Electrician, however I am struggling to find a wiring diagram for the R35 2009 model unless someone can point me in the right direction?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I've have fitted hundreds of rear parking sensor, all be it no to GTR35s
The live is usually taken from the live feed to the reverse bulb,
Never fitted a set or seen a set with separate relays, you only get a control box and bleeper with 4 sensors,
Think you need to take to a Auto sparky.

Goldie

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Does you reverse lights come on when in reverse, if not it could be the reverse light switch on the gearbox or the connection to it. If the lights come on when in reverse but no parking sensors then it could be a number of things from a faulty module to a fuse or bad connection. I'm a vehicle electrician and we have fitted several gtr's with parking sensors so if can be a help you can call me 07973733441

1 - 4 of 4 Posts