GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So RH9...anyone heading that direction soon...anyone shooting to become a member ?

We have an R32 that is getting 2.8 HKS kit ,probably 3037's and some other stuff in our attempt to go there...

Finished making our small power cars...500hp to the wheels...I need to see some good numbers.

I have seen Signal Autos R33 here in the States run 8.9's @ 157 mph making over 800 at the wheels..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Well it's not really a story about me, but it is a real story. I'm based in Wellington NZ as is Jonah Lomu the rugby player............some may know him some may not........anyhow.............through mutual R34 ownership I've been lucky enough to talk to him recently.

Anyhow story's say apparently he'd purchased a 1100 PS R33 from Top Secret..............it's in just getting more work done after he told them low 9's wasn't enough !!!!!! There's lots of story's, but he has made his own drag team, I know that so it seems very plausable considering how competative he obviously is !

Anyhow apparently it'll be here soon and he's in process of ramping up his R34 VSPEC so I'll keep you all informed on the spec when I get it.

Fastest R33 we have here at the moment is about 750 HP and clicked in the 9's at the recent Drag and Circuit Nationals.

Drag racing is fairly popular here, more so than the UK, but nowhere on the scale of JP.

I'll keep you up to date when I get it !

Cheers
Fraser

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah here in the States we are fairly straight line type racers...

Drag racing is huge especially here in Southern California - the birthplace of drag racing..

GT-R with the biggest turbos in the states are 2530's or AX53B60's .Nothing that big at all. There are tons of big horsepower Supras . Tons of fast Hondas..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
It wasn't done in NZ Mario.....Rhys Macgregor is still NZ's fastest at 10.3 you are correct, but apparently the car Jonah has bought has clocked low 9's in Japan.

Sorry for the confusion. Apparently he's determined to be the fastest in NZ, just as he has the loudest car in NZ in recent ICE competitions.

Cheers
Fraser
:smokin:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Canman

I though Reece did a best of 10.57 and some other workshop had done the best time of 10.5 flat.

When and where did this 10.3 run take place?

Mario.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I'll check Mario, but I was watching the recent Nationals video on Friday PM and it had Reeces (got it spelt correctly now :) ) run on there and I was sure they said fastest of 10.3 .............. however I may well be wrong as I'm sure you pay more attention to these things since it's more your domain......... !! :)

Draggings not my thing..........

I will check later today and let you know.....................of course the video could always be wrong too..........

Do you know Reece ????? Had a really quick chat with him at last years nationals, but then again he seemed to have alot of people who wanted a chat too !

Take it easy mate, I'll post later.

Cheers
Fraser

:smokin:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Reece has run a 10.5 and Croydon wholesalers ran a 10.57 , I have a mpeg of that run somewhere , I will have to find it , Reece has a R32 drag car that he is building at the moment , he is getting a few serious parts for it , croydons are getting the hollinger in the next few weeks , it has been on order for along time , neither of them have run over 1.6 bar yet , at the 4 and rotary nationals in october I think we will see 9's in new zealand as the debut of Reeces new car posibly with twin 3037's and alot more agressive cams , my car wont be anything near as special though , I think I am getting the same cams as Mario but I am stuck with 550cc injectors til I get a better gear set.
Brenhan.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
As expected Mario you were correct........... I was watching the old nationals video and they were talking 10.7 for someone and then said 11.3 for Reece, I didn't hear it properly and thought they said 10.3 !

Sorry for the confusion or should I say dopeyness !! Is that a word ! ????

Anyhow sorry to all...........like someones just posted, I'm sure we'll see some much lower figures this year.

Fraser

1 - 9 of 9 Posts