GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1624 Posts

·
Registered
25,486 Posts
Hi Richard

Pleased the car arrived safe and sound from its trip up north.

myself and miguel discussed this car, and it heading to you over a beer at the base of mount Fuji on Friday night,

we are so pleased this particular car has ended up in your hands, and its something rather special.

no doubt you will be enjoying it more and more (esp when the summer returns next year)

all the best.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks Matt,
Hope you had a nice trip.
Obviously I'm over the moon with the car.
You certainly have another happy customer here. :)

Been on the phone to Ron at RK Tuning this morning (less than 14 miles from me, how handy!) so it's in tomorrow to look at a big brake upgrade.

Happy days. :clap:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Here's some inspiration for you. This is pretty much how I want mine to be, just not red!

The underside parts are near identical to mine, but dare I say mine is nicer (eh Bob?) but as far as a GTR near stock looks I think this is R32 perfection!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Nice.

I have a bit of a crisis going on about a cage.

It makes a lot of sense. Security on track and also the added rigidity.

But, you should not then be carrying rear seat passengers apparently, which effectively makes it a two seater.
Fine in the short term, but may be tricky in a few years as baby no.2 is due in 6 weeks... unless it becomes quite track specific and is mostly used for that.
We do have a daily driver or two. But it would be nice to have the option of using it on a nice day to go out together. I think I need another one... :chuckle:

I had a very good chat with Ron at RK Tuning and he is going to work out some options for me.

I had a good drool at the brakes on his racer. :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
If you are serious about putting a cage in that car then I'm afraid you bought the wrong car ... that deserves to be kept in concourse original condition as its stunning

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
If you are serious about putting a cage in that car then I'm afraid you bought the wrong car ... that deserves to be kept in concourse original condition as its stunning
That is a valid point Daz.

It was not the original intention. Or sure its the destination yet...

·
R35 Section manager
10,922 Posts
Is this the first Skyline you have owned mate?
Most people move from a 32,33,34 to a 35.

41 - 60 of 1624 Posts