GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm going to buy some Volk rims for my 1994 R32 GTR, the wheels in mind are VOLK CE28N 9,5x18" in bronze, but what is the perfect ET? 15,20?? ;)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Hi! I'm going to buy some Volk rims for my 1994 R32 GTR, the wheels in mind are VOLK CE28N 9,5x18" in bronze, but what is the perfect ET? 15,20?? ;)
Just make sure you get the correct offset.

ive got 18,,, but tramlines like ****,,, so go about 24
My 18's tramline a lot less then my old 17's.
It is not the tyre size its the tread pattern that dictates tramlining more.

ie, My 17 Bridgestone S02 with V tread pattern, you have to hang on the wheel.
My 18 Bridgestone RE050 with regular square blocks are far better.

Its all about the tyre carcass being able to flex with blocks, but V running across the tyre transfer load across the who tyre inducing tramlining.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
....but what is the perfect ET? 15,20?? ;)
I don't think there's a 'perfect' offset, plus it depends on how much the car's lowered etc, but if it helps here's some pics of mine with a +22 offset which seems about right, (obviously the width affects the offset, but the rims in my pics are 9.5 so will be comparable):

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/336625-post15.html

I've heard of people fitting 9.5s in +12 on 32s, but I believe there was some arch flaring going on in those cases. Searching for 'offset' should yield some useful info.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,I think i'm going for ET 22, looks like it fills up the arches nice! :)
The reason i'm buying CE28's instead of TE37 is that i've already have had them on a other car. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Snowfiend has CE28s and they look blimming fantastic.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Cool. Glad that helped.

The reason i'm buying CE28's instead of TE37 is that i've already have had them on a other car. ;)
That link I posted was to post in a thread titled 'why not TE37s' by someone else:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/39596-why-not-te37s.html

I wasn't trying to suggest that you should get TE37s, I just wasn't clever enough to change the text in the link so it didn't appear as the thread title. :( (If anyone knows how to edit it while retaining the link please tell me).

You get whatever wheels you like mate, I love CE28s, and would have got some for mine but there were too many spokes to clean between, and I'm lazy. :)

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Snowfiend has CE28s and they look blimming fantastic.
Why thanks you sir :)

Mine are 22+ with Yokohama Advan Neuva 245/40-R17 tyres and they can tramline sometimes....like Scott said I think alot of it is the tyre pattern and crappy UK road surfaces rather then the offset.

22+ does tuck up nice inside the arches.

Agrre with Tim b, they're a pain in the butt to polish when your in a rush tho....too many spokes ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have any pictures of your car with the wheels on Snowfiend? :)

My R32 are also a silver 1994 so then I can see how the final result will be, I personally love silver cars with bronze Volk wheels, I had 18" bronze TE37's on my silver 200sx S13 before.

I'm going for 265/35-18 Toyo tires, I'm hoping they wont scrub to much! :)

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
I'm going for 265/35-18 Toyo tires, I'm hoping they wont scrub to much! :)
I have those size Toyo's on my car with S-Tune suspension.
Offset is 15. No scrubbing.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your car with the wheels on Snowfiend?
I deleted loads off my work PC the other day actually, I'll post up a couple when I get home from work for ya mate.

I might be changing my 17's for 18's soon (same wheels).

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Not gonna be home till very late (Thanks work!!!) but pulled some off newera's site for ya :

·
Registered
656 Posts
As a comparison this is what 17x9.5 ET12 Rays Gram Lights (245/45/17 tyres) look like on an R32.
I can't yet advise whether the front or rears rub anywhere, as I haven't yet adjusted the ride height or used the car in anger, but my feeling is that all should be okay, just.

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Dont you have Rotas on your car ? if so they are ET30
Yes, you're right.
When I had the old wheels they were 15. Tyre size was the same though.
My rota's don't rub though.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts

She wasn't cheap !!!

But had loads of good stuff already done in Japan and stupidly low mileage (24K miles!)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She really looks stunning, that's for sure! :)

I'l bet it was worth all the money, do I dare ask how much?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts